Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! Decreased CL's

tag
SWISSOATL
Contributor

OMG! Decreased CL's

My credit limits are being decreased and I cant take!

My JCPenney CL was $500 and is reduced to $100 wtf????

and My Walmart card was $200 and is now $150 Just crazy!

and they say its due to my utiliz, collection (one on equifax), and too many new accounts (BMW & BMW Visa)

a  mess!!!!!

EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: OMG! Decreased CL's

You are not alone - there is a lot of it going round. 
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
Equinox
New Contributor

I too had a CLD on my Old Navy card from 500 -> 100 recently. I also have no late payments, collections or anything

You're not the only one.

Message Edited by Equinox on 12-01-2008 11:54 AM
Message 3 of 11
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

This is all part of GEMB's recent insanity.  I'm sorry you've been hit as well.

If you google around you'll see a lot of this going around with GEMB cardholders (Chevron, Lowes, etc etc).

Message 4 of 11
granny031350
Established Contributor

so far so good for me.  I have a Lowes and a Walmart and a JC Penny card.  To date, everything is still set (low cl anyway).  They have pulled soft on me at least 2 times a month but nothing has changed on my credit report except my balances are slowly coming down.  No new collections or missed payments.  So I am keeping my fingers crossed. 
Message 5 of 11
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

They havent decreased mine either, i have been carrying a balance for a little over 3 months now! Im really waiting and watching to see if they decrease me!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Lowe's and a Walmart card from GEMB, so far, no CLD,  they doubled my Lowes CL back in July and my Walmart CLI in 9/08.

I check once a week and so far I am good. Both of my accounts turned one year old in 11/08.

Message 7 of 11
Ariel
Valued Member

Just happened to me last month with my Chevron card... from $1000 limit to $450 .... I plan to cancel it anyway, since there are no Chevron's in the area that I just moved to.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB finally got around to closing a furniture account I opened in March and never used. I should have called them to close it myself, but didn't. I knew it was coming. Use it or lose it. My other GEMB cards are fine. Still getting CLI's but they are being used every month and PIF.
Message 9 of 11
lorihmatthews
New Visitor

My Wells Fargo Visa just reduced my limit from $21K to $14K. I have no idea why, apparently I should be receiving a letter in the mail shortly. I am livid. I am sure this is going to impact my score negatively because now my balance is basically maxed out whereas before it wasn't.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.