cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG - Discover LOVE button finally ...

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: OMG - Discover LOVE button finally ...

@RCFL wrote:
I've thought of using BT as an excuse too but then my overall balance on all my cards are less than 300$... So I chose the vacation excuse lol ... I still have my hope up high though. I've read here that people cancel the request because of possible HP, Discover still CLI them. If they don't then it's okay since I rarely use them anyway.

i have a 0% balance transfer offer that is showing up on my account.  I called and suggested that I wanted to take advantage of the BT promo, but I needed a CLI to keep the utilization on the account below 30%.  

Sadly, they required a hard pull for the CLI so I declined.

Message 11 of 21
irrational
Frequent Contributor

Discover doesn't seem to want to hand out CLIs.

For the past month, whenever I've clicked on "Request Credit Increase", it's always said that I have one in progress. Just this morning their system "reset", and that option became availed again. I filled out the form ($90K income, $1400/mo mortgage, 782 EQ FICO, 1% util, 6.2 years AAoA) and requested an additional $5K (which would still put discover lower than any other card of mine)... Nope! They'd need a HP to continue. I canceled.

What gives discover?!? I've had their card since November, and every other card I have has grown with me... Just not Discover.

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 12 of 21
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

So far, I haven't even looked on the Discover site to see if the CLI option is available because I've heard (from these forums) that the request may result in an HP.  Fortunately, they have been good with small and steady auto CLIs, so I can't complain too much.  But I also find it interesting that they want you to specify a reason for the increase.  I don't remember having to 'justify' my (SP) CLI requests with Amex and Capital One. 

Message 13 of 21
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@irrational wrote:

For the past month, whenever I've clicked on "Request Credit Increase", it's always said that I have one in progress. Just this morning their system "reset", and that option became availed again. I filled out the form ($90K income, $1400/mo mortgage, 782 EQ FICO, 1% util, 6.2 years AAoA) and requested an additional $5K (which would still put discover lower than any other card of mine)... Nope! They'd need a HP to continue. I canceled.

What gives discover?!? I've had their card since November, and every other card I have has grown with me... Just not Discover.

i am at 102K income, $565/mo mortgage, 684 EQ FICO, 4 years AAoA and 3 inquiries w/in last 6 months.  I am focused on my utilization right now which is a little north of 41.2%.  

BOA offered me a 1 year BT promo.  I deposited the check into my savings account to boost my savings account balance.  I plan to pay the balance in full prior to the expiration of the 0% promo which should then bring my utiization down to ~31%.  

But, i plan to buy a new house in the coming year so I could not afford the hard pull.

Message 14 of 21
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@RCFL wrote:
I don't know if I can get an increase yet but I just tried the request credit increase and it prompts me to enter the amount I want to request and all other info as opposed to call blah blah blah ... So my questions for you guys- do they counter offer? Will they call me and ask why I want the increase?

Yes they will conter and you can put all the info they need online . Good Luck

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 15 of 21
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@RCFL wrote:
And booooo it says they'll need to do more research on my account or something and that they will need to pull my report. I immediately clicked Cancel! Lol ... Oh well ..

Sorry about that Smiley Indifferent

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 16 of 21
prabs99
Regular Contributor

Where is the luv button for discover located?

FICO (Discover) 805
Message 17 of 21
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@prabs99 wrote:

Home page-> Credit Options(4th menu)-> credit line increase. Its gets activated when you hit 90 days since account open date.

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 18 of 21
prabs99
Regular Contributor

@Jayx wrote:

@prabs99 wrote:

Home page-> Credit Options(4th menu)-> credit line increase. Its gets activated when you hit 90 days since account open date.

Thank you very much. Found it.

FICO (Discover) 805
Message 19 of 21
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@irrational wrote:

Discover really tests your patience. I got mine last septermber, i finally was able to get an sp cli  in June. You just need to be patient 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.