Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG Freaking out! HELP

tag
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

OMG Freaking out! HELP

I have never had a late payment since 2004 when I went through a divorce...I use score watch on my Equifax score and it is 683 currently.  Should be increasing soon.  1 of my 5 bads from 04 fell off and the rest are supposed to this year.  I have NEVER paid anything late however I pulled my Transunion report and the score was 568! This is down from 688, all looks right but under reasons it says i had a missed payment with in the past 3 months?  NO WAY JOSE.  I can't find anywhere on the report that shows who may have reported this...how can I find out and how can I get this corrected???????

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Re: OMG Freaking out! HELP

@C-XRS2005 wrote:

I have never had a late payment since 2004 when I went through a divorce...I use score watch on my Equifax score and it is 683 currently.  Should be increasing soon.  1 of my 5 bads from 04 fell off and the rest are supposed to this year.  I have NEVER paid anything late however I pulled my Transunion report and the score was 568! This is down from 688, all looks right but under reasons it says i had a missed payment with in the past 3 months?  NO WAY JOSE.  I can't find anywhere on the report that shows who may have reported this...how can I find out and how can I get this corrected???????

Your report should list the exact account that was late and the month that it was late.  Where did you pull your Transunion report from?

***From ashy to classy***
Message 2 of 8
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

I pulled it from here, myfico.com.  does not say who did it

Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

You can write to TU and ask them to send you a printed copy of the report. You can also go online to TU site and request your report online on their website.

Message 4 of 8
BP2003
Regular Contributor

That's very odd...  The only thing I could suggest is to submit an online dispute through the Transunion website questioning a late payment within the past 3 months.  I've had good experiences with Transunions online dispute system.  They follow up and correct fairly quickly.

Good luck with this one....sorry you gotta deal with it though.

***From ashy to classy***
Message 5 of 8
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

On their site now...I have worked way to hard for the past 7 years to have this happen

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have called them before and things

straightened out.  They will tell you what is

wrong.  Number is on your report.

Message 7 of 8
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

ok, after talking with TransUnion, myfico, and TD bank...my item was paid and acct closed in Feb 04 but TD for whatever reason reported that it was paid and closed in Dec 2010.  I am sending a dispute letter to Transunion to investigate and update the close date.  Should fix it....however the report shows that the item should fall off my report in May 2011 anyway.  Lets hope it works!  Thanks all for your help.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.