Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG GE!!!

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: OMG GE!!!

@creditwatcher2012 wrote:
Now that I found that out about people getting CLD disregard my old post I'm gonna "stop poking the bear"

Here's the deal GE is selling that Division off for an IPO (stock) to raise money so what's happening is they need to make that area look as profitable as possible to attract investors

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: OMG GE!!!

YES!
I had $97,600. I only owed about $1500 but prob ran $5-10k a year through eight diff GE accts. many of them I had from 2007-2009.
There was a post from a GE banker saying $100k was the internal limit.
I have some advice for you though:
Do not continuously ask for clis...
Although I did it for 5-6 years on Dillard's, Walmart, BR, etc....
It will catch up with you, and they will restrict your accounts and make you send in your ID, SS card, among other things. Luckily, I barely used and pif'ed most of those cards.
I had cut my $97,600 down to about $75,000 and then that's when they had the Corporate Fraud Investigator begin hassling me. Boy was she a b****. They wouldn't talk to me AT ALL over the phone. I must have sent them and the CEO five letters. I wound up with about $25k total credit lines because I had them close many more, and they chose to close many more as well.
I am glad I kept some of those accounts opened and that I used them to build my high limits with other cards, such as my nice phat BCE line. Plus, who really needs $15k at Lowe's anyway? I didn't have a single GE cl < $10k. Now I have five with about $5k each- still better than I would have ever imagined at 18 when I began myjourney(lmao- pun intended!)
Anywho, BE CAREFUL WITH EXCESSIVE GECRB CLIS!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.