cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!!!! HAPPY APPROVED FOR THE WELLS FARGO SECURED CARD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG!!!! HAPPY APPROVED FOR THE WELLS FARGO SECURED CARD?

hello everyone a few days ago i posted what do you think about wells fargo secured card well remember i said that i was approve for b of a secured on 10/2009 well since i dont bank with wells fargo i was afraid of applying so i went saturday the 7th to the wells fargo bank and deposited 300.00 in savings acct after the acct was opened i told banker i wanted to apply for the sdcured card she said well hope you get approved cause lately they do check if you have bank with wells fargo and they have been very strict so to my surprise today i called and rep told ask security questions since i have fraud alert answered questions and to my SURPRISE I WAS APPROVED WITH IN 7 TO 10 DAYS I WILL RECIEVED CARD. but that day on saturday the application was pending it said will recieve notice with in 7 to 10 days so just because it says that dont give up i was approve today tuesday the 10th of november. so now i have 2 good major banks with secured cards bank of america and wells fargo and will not apply no more until they will unsecure thanks everyone but let me know what store should i apply after sixs to 12 months i really want jc penney and macy's do you guys thing i will be approved with in 6 to 12 months. im very happy and i give thanks to god. he answered my prayers.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG!!!! HAPPY APPROVED FOR THE WELLS FARGO SECURED CARD?

i just hope that everything i posted with the secured card it works for who ever that wants a secured card dont give up call underwriters dont be shy or afraid still they are not looking at you just have faith and tell them you need the secured card to establish due that you want to buy a house and need revolving credit history.
Message 2 of 8
voidman
Established Contributor

congrats.

I had WF secured card and I really liked it. what CL did you go for? I had applied for $1000 and got CLI of $500 at graduation. 

Why do you want Macys and  Jcpennys card. Do they offer some sort of reward?

IMO 2 cards are good, you can wait for 1 year without applying for more credit unless you really need it. 

-void
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@voidman wrote:

congrats.

Why do you want Macys and  Jcpennys card. Do they offer some sort of reward?

IMO 2 cards are good, you can wait for 1 year without applying for more credit unless you really need it. 

+1.  I have both Macys and JCPenneys card and they have great rewards.  Definitely wait 1 year before app'ing for those two cards.  You are doing a superb job with your secured cards - let them age.  When you're ready to app, do the math on your AAofA.

ETA:  And definitely PIF those two store cards just as you would any others - these guys have steep APR's which totally wipe out any store savings and can build up a hefty balance if they're not PIF'd.  Good luck!

Congratulations OP!!!

Message Edited by beamMEup on 11-11-2009 07:11 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your responce voidman i deposited 300.00 and i will do a cli every month for 100.00 so when your wells fargo card unsecured how many months ddid you had the card or they unsecured u after 12 months so that means when i get unsecured they will give me additional 500.00 or what and as far me wanting jcpenney and macy's is cause i buy my daughters clothes their. but i will wait 6 to 12 months so keep me updated how long it took to be unsecured with your wells fargo card thanks

Message 5 of 8
voidman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for your responce voidman i deposited 300.00 and i will do a cli every month for 100.00 so when your wells fargo card unsecured how many months ddid you had the card or they unsecured u after 12 months so that means when i get unsecured they will give me additional 500.00 or what and as far me wanting jcpenney and macy's is cause i buy my daughters clothes their. but i will wait 6 to 12 months so keep me updated how long it took to be unsecured with your wells fargo card thanks

Hi, 

the card got unsecure at 13th month. And when the card got unsecured i got $500 CLI same as another person who had WF Secured card then. (1 year back) Now the situation is different and it could be "better" next year when your card would graduate. 

Btw, I had got an invitation to unsecure, it did not unsecure automatically.

-void
Message 6 of 8
mm50
New Visitor

I got my Wells Fargo secured card Months ago. I got a 500.00 cl. I raised my limit to 800.00 in 8mths. I called Wells Fargo a month ago. I asked them about the graduation. They said they review them after you have had it approx. 12mths. A month later I recieved a letter graduating my card. It said it could take up to 45 days for the new card. My tu score is 628 & exp 604. In the last 3mths i got cards from Amazon 600.00 cl., Macys 300.00 cl. Barclaycard rewards 500.00 cl. Walmart 400.00 cl. The General Electric cards are the easiest to get. Which is the Amazon & Walmart. It looked as if they needed a credit score of around 600 for approval. So i would try them first when your score was close to 600. I also had never missed a payment with my secured card, But i had exceeded the limit acouple of times. But not in the past 6mths. Also do not try applying for gas cards. They seem diffcult to get. I got denied for Chevron. It looks they require a 650 score for approval.

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

****Old Thread Alert****

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.