Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG I LOVE NFCU

tag
mrsbagalot1222
Established Member

Re: OMG I LOVE NFCU

Great news hopper! I had actually called NFCU thursday to ask them if my Cash Reward Visa ($5k limit) was scheduled to be upgraded to the Signature anytime soon since I only became a member and have owned the card for a little over one billing statement, They told me my card was going to be converted but they had no idea when and I would just have to wait for the letter to come in the mail. Well after reading Webhoppers success I figured what the heck, cannot hurt to send a secure message and try. So yesterday 9/21/12 late afternoon this is what I emailed them: Good evening, I was wondering if my Credit Card account was eligible to be upgraded to Visa Signature version of the card. Thank you very much. Well this afternoon at 1:24pm I received a new message alert...

Navy Federal Response 09/22/2012 : Thank you for your message, Congratulations, your cashRewards Visa account has been upgraded to a Visa Signature cashRewards account. This upgrade offers a premier card with added benefits at no additional cost. Please rest assured that there are no additional fees as a result of the account upgrade, and your account number, Annual Percentage Rate (APR), cash back options and anniversary date remains unchanged.

In addition to the current cashRewards benefits you already enjoy, you will receive all-new Visa Signature perks. You will continue earning 1.0% cash back on your first $10,000.00 of net purchases and 1.5% cash back after $10,000.00 or more of net purchases. The spending amount is reset at your account anniversary date. However, with your cashRewards Signature card, you can enhance your travels and everyday life with complimentary concierge service, access to exclusive tickets, and discounts at top retailers. Some of the Visa Signature perks include:

*Travel - Savings and upgrades on travel. Plus, exclusive benefits to some of the worlds
most intriguing properties.
*Entertainment - Save on Books, Music, Movie Tickets, and more!
*Fine Wine & Food - Complementary wine tastings, unique dining events, and special
offers.
*Sports - Access to popular sporting events, premier golf packages and savings on tickets and offers.
*Shopping - Discounts on premium retailers, from jewelry to apparel and electronics.
*Concierge - Save time with Complimentary 24-hour Visa Signature Concierge service.

You may find out more at visa.com/signature.

Your new Signature cashRewards card should be received within seven to ten business days. When you have received and activated your new card, please destroy your old card currently in your possession. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Success woot woot!!!!! Thank you so much op it gave me the push to try and I got it! I love them!! One question for the board: With the no-preset limit if I rarely needed to go over my $5k limit do I have to call in each time?

~Current Wallet: NFCU Signature CashRewards Visa $5000/AAFES Military Star Card $3600/NFCU NavCheck $1500/Applied Bank $700/Amazon GE $700/Walmart GE $500/Credit One $500/Paypal Smart Connect $300/Orchard Bank: $300/WFNNB-Comenity Bank:Victoria's Secret $300/Express $250/New York&Company $250~
Message 11 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your success!

I'm not sure how it would work. I would assume that it would be helpful to call in and make sure that the purchase would go through.

I don't anticipate ever going over my limit... I just wanted the concierge; better card design; and prestige of signature
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 26
mrsbagalot1222
Established Member

Thank you! I don't either it is just a nice feature to have. I am so looking forward to using the concierge and travel services, the shopping services will be nice as well for the upcoming christmas season.

~Current Wallet: NFCU Signature CashRewards Visa $5000/AAFES Military Star Card $3600/NFCU NavCheck $1500/Applied Bank $700/Amazon GE $700/Walmart GE $500/Credit One $500/Paypal Smart Connect $300/Orchard Bank: $300/WFNNB-Comenity Bank:Victoria's Secret $300/Express $250/New York&Company $250~
Message 13 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I plan on using my amazon points like crazy this holiday season. It will be super nice to use rewards instead of shelling out a bunch of cash.
FICO 9:

Message 14 of 26
Errin1
Contributor

I Heart NFCU...I really do. My new signature card is showing on my account info. They gave me a 7500.00 credit limit with a 13.5% APR . I'm trying to convince hubby to join. I don't know why he's so loyal to Municipal Credit Union. 

hr> src="http://i.imgur.com/LEYWe.png">Starting Score: TU 610 EQ 655 - 8/2010
Current Score: EQ 714 9/13 EXP 708 8/13 TU 717 8/13
Goal Score: too much of a yoyo, maintain the 700's for 2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I totally agree. My hubby and I are talking about buying a new volvo to replace the one that got totalled. It feels nice to know that we wont have to worry about financing and my husband will be on the loan too.
FICO 9:

Message 16 of 26
Errin1
Contributor

Heart my myfico family. You all have taught me so much about finances and playing the credit game. I am forever indebted to all of you guys. 

hr> src="http://i.imgur.com/LEYWe.png">Starting Score: TU 610 EQ 655 - 8/2010
Current Score: EQ 714 9/13 EXP 708 8/13 TU 717 8/13
Goal Score: too much of a yoyo, maintain the 700's for 2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 26
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Can I do this with an nRewards?

Message 18 of 26
mrsbagalot1222
Established Member

Just wanted to add that I called in a little less than two hours ago and they are expediting the new signature card to me through fedex with the fee waived as a courtesy for having to wait on hold for so long due to member appreciation week. I will have it Wednesday woot woot!! Also they said for any reason I should need to go over the limit, I do not need to call in for approval it will go through automatically (within reason I'm sure) but Nice to know.

Message 19 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@jonmartin. No; this is only available on cash rewards card. You can actually ask them to change your card from nrewards to cashrewards visa signature if interested
FICO 9:

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.