cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG I WAS APPROVED FOR A HOOTER'S MC!!!!

tag
missgamecock
Contributor

OMG I WAS APPROVED FOR A HOOTER'S MC!!!!

Holy crap! All of my stuff has been maxed out and I closed a lot of accounts because our dumb mortgage guy told me (before I found this place) to EVEN THOUGH THEY STILL HAD BALANCES. So my utilization is off the charts. I have been deparately trying to pay off stuff. I was able to pay some small cards and a  home improvement loan with a refinance (saving $400 a month).

I applied for Hooters because of advice here. TU is my highest. With a 637 score, paid Amex collection, high utilization, 1 30 day late on a cc in Feb 2006, they approved me for a $5000 cc!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interest rate is blah - 19.4%. However, my other cards are at the universal default rate. This should help my utilization some. WHOO HOO. Oh and TU is up to 660 now. I have new disputes in with all three credit bureaus and two gw letters into Amex (collection) and CFNA.

DH is going to DIE when he sees I got a HOOTERS card, lol. Will be for online purchases. lol.

Message Edited by missgamecock on 12-05-2007 10:08 AM
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
missgamecock
Contributor

Re: OMG I WAS APPROVED FOR A HOOTER'S MC!!!!

Still waiting on my application for Junipers Carnival Sea Miles one. I got the your application needs further processing. Is that a denial or a manual look? My salary has doubled in the last 2 years. So we went from a household income of 57k to 104k. I guess that helped right?
Message 2 of 17
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

congrats on the super Hooters CL.  Was that instant online or did you have to wait.?
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 3 of 17
missgamecock
Contributor

For the Hooter's, I got a message that they needed to review my application and I would know in 7-10 days. I applied a week ago and the card was issued yesterday.
Message 4 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Juniper gave me needs further processing then declined... but they also pulled TU for me.. didn't know they pulled TU, I wouldn't have applied! 499 (ouch I know) MY LOWEST!!!
What I don't get is I have had 4 nedgatives deleted, another 5 or so updated to negative $0 balance and STILL no score change.
MY EQ however has made 4 jumps in the last week and I just cleared my oringal score watch goal of 580 with a 588 today!!! waiting to apply until breaking 610!
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats miss! A very good opening cl! Smiley Happy

Keep that util down!
Message 6 of 17
missgamecock
Contributor

I asked about balance transfers to the card but they said they don't offer that. Darn. Wanted to transfer universal default citicard to that card. Oh well. Maybe the Junny one will give my love to. Applied for that one with the 660 score.
Message 7 of 17
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

teamfico wrote:
congrats on the super Hooters CL.  Was that instant online or did you have to wait.?

It is possible to get instant approval though. 

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 8 of 17
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

missgamecock wrote:
Holy crap! All of my stuff has been maxed out and I closed a lot of accounts because our dumb mortgage guy told me (before I found this place) to EVEN THOUGH THEY STILL HAD BALANCES. So my utilization is off the charts. I have been deparately trying to pay off stuff. I was able to pay some small cards and a  home improvement loan with a refinance (saving $400 a month).

I applied for Hooters because of advice here. TU is my highest. With a 637 score, paid Amex collection, high utilization, 1 30 day late on a cc in Feb 2006, they approved me for a $5000 cc!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interest rate is blah - 19.4%. However, my other cards are at the universal default rate. This should help my utilization some. WHOO HOO. Oh and TU is up to 660 now. I have new disputes in with all three credit bureaus and two gw letters into Amex (collection) and CFNA.

DH is going to DIE when he sees I got a HOOTERS card, lol. Will be for online purchases. lol.

Message Edited by missgamecock on 12-05-2007 10:08 AM

Congrats missgamecock! 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think my heart just stopped.. I just approved for a Hooters card too!! EQ FICO 539!!!  I wasn't going to apply but I've worked so hard over the last few months and got so many collections deleted, late payments removed, etc. I thought I deserved it (and hoped that they'd notice Smiley Wink).. and they did!  Just goes to show that anything is possible. Wow. I think I'm going to cry I'm so happy. lol
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.