cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG... I finally got approved for the Amex Green Card!!!

tag
Elated
Contributor

OMG... I finally got approved for the Amex Green Card!!!

Hi Everyone!

I'm soooo excited! Finally after approximately 20 years of dreaming and applying for an AMEX card, I finally got approved for one today. It came via a pre-selected offer. I also got a pre-selected offer for the AMEX Gold Card, but I think I'll leave that one alone...LOL

I just wanted to share my good news with everyone...this forum has been great for me over the years!Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG... I finally got approved for the Amex Green Card!!!

Great!  Scores? Other cards?

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 14
distantarray
Established Contributor

20 YEARS? how tough was your financial situations for the last 20 years? =O

since bad things delete itself every 7 years unless you kept adding to it you should've had a clean slate almost 3 times 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 14
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

thats awesome! please tell us more about this 20 year journey and remember to make an entry on whogavemecrdit so others can make educated comparisons on where they might stand with amex
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 14
Elated
Contributor

Hi Jutz,

My current scores are as follows: EQ: 703, TU: 697, and EX: Unknown

As far as other credit cards, I have approximately 19 of them. They include: Chase Visa, Barclay's, Capital One x3, and a host of other Mastercards and Visas from various other banks. I also have Macy's, Kohl's, JC Penney, Firestone, Target-- 0 Balances on all of these....Home Depot ($4,500 limit/owe $2,400), Lowe's ($4100 limit/owe $858), and two auto loans, one with Ally Bank and the other with Capital One Auto Finance.

I hope this answers your question? Best of luck to you in your future credit/financial endeavors!Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 14
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

great file right there!
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 14
Elated
Contributor

LOL DistantArray...great question! I had a few challenges along the way unfortunately; especially after going through a divorce 8 years ago, and a foreclosure 4 years ago. I've finally weathered the storm and got all of the people who were bringing me down all of my life; hence the credit issues. Also, the fact that I was young and dumb early on, and didn't know what to do with or how to handle credit...I had to educate myself. This was something that was never taught to me by my parents, and I'm now 41 years old.

Additionally, I purchased my 4th home 9 months ago with no glitches...I got a 3.75% fixed interest rate for 30 years on a $218,000 loan.

I hope this answers your question?

Message 7 of 14
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Elated wrote:

LOL DistantArray...great question! I had a few challenges along the way unfortunately; especially after going through a divorce 8 years ago, and a foreclosure 4 years ago. I've finally weathered the storm and got all of the people who were bringing me down all of my life; hence the credit issues. Also, the fact that I was young and dumb early on, and didn't know what to do with or how to handle credit...I had to educate myself. This was something that was never taught to me by my parents, and I'm now 41 years old.

Additionally, I purchased my 4th home 9 months ago with no glitches...I got a 3.75% fixed interest rate for 30 years on a $218,000 loan.

I hope this answers your question?

Congrats =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 14
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Awesome, congrats!

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.