Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! I got the Zync!!!

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

OMG! I got the Zync!!!

Well, I finally pulled the trigger, and I got it! I can't believe it. I was sitting with my fingers crossed saying, "please, please, please..." while it was processing. It seemed to take FOREVER! It was probably only like 30 seconds, but seemed like FOREVER! Smiley Very Happy Finally, the message popped up, saying, "Congratulations, you're an American Express member." yay!

I have a couple of questions. I believe people have said that my EX FICO will be on the letter that comes after the card, is that right?

Also, when should I ask about backdating? Now, or after I get the card? And what is the best number to call for that?

Thank you to this wonderful forum! I didn't think I could ever get an Amex again, and never would have known about Zync if I hadn't found the forum. Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OMG! I got the Zync!!!

Oh, congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Allow me to be the first here to welcome you to the Amex family!!! Smiley Very Happy

When you get your card, log into the Amex website. You will see a "Member Since" date on your account screen. You may already be backdated, so wait and see what this shows. If it shows the backdated date, you're good to go -- this is what they will report to the CRAs. If you want to have it on your card as well, just call the CS number on the card and ask them to send you a new card with your original member since date; they will do this.

Also, you will not be getting your EX score because there are no APR and CL terms to set -- you already got the "best terms" available for that type of card. But, you DID get the card, so once again -- CONGRATS!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 45
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@bichonmom wrote:
Well, I finally pulled the trigger, and I got it! I can't believe it. I was sitting with my fingers crossed saying, "please, please, please..." while it was processing. It seemed to take FOREVER! It was probably only like 30 seconds, but seemed like FOREVER! Smiley Very Happy Finally, the message popped up, saying, "Congratulations, you're an American Express member." yay!

I have a couple of questions. I believe people have said that my EX FICO will be on the letter that comes after the card, is that right?

Also, when should I ask about backdating? Now, or after I get the card? And what is the best number to call for that?

Thank you to this wonderful forum! I didn't think I could ever get an Amex again, and never would have known about Zync if I hadn't found the forum. Smiley Happy

CONGRATS !!!!   Smiley Happy

Your EX FICO score should be on the letter, most people have reported getting it with the welcome packet.    I never did get one when I got my ZYNC last year but I think that was a fluke.

When you get your card and setup your on~line account it will say "Member Since XXXX".    If it shows 2012 then you should call in and request them to change it to your older 19XX date.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 45
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

I don't have answers to any of your questions as I am not an Amex member (though hoping to be sometime soon) but CONGRATULATIONS!
Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 4 of 45
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

CONGRATS !!!!   Smiley Happy

Your EX FICO score should be on the letter, most people have reported getting it with the welcome packet.    I never did get one when I got my ZYNC last year but I think that was a fluke.

When you get your card and setup your on~line account it will say "Member Since XXXX".    If it shows 2012 then you should call in and request them to change it to your older 19XX date.

My understanding is you'll get your FICO score with a revolver, but not a charge card. The reason is that you've already received their best available terms, so they're not required to provide it.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 45
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@tinuviel wrote:

My understanding is you'll get your FICO score with a revolver, but not a charge card. The reason is that you've already received their best available terms, so they're not required to provide it.

I seem to recall some people reporting that they received it on a charge card approval......although I might be mistaken.

And I got the ZYNC counter~offer w/ $200 Hard Limit card, so I should have gotten it, since it wasn't NPSL.     

No biggie now though, I can always just app for a AMEX revolver and get an free EX FICO with denial via a soft pull.....Smiley Wink

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 45
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks! I'm SO excited! Smiley Very Happy I guess I'll just wait until I get the card in the mail and keep an eye out for other papers from Amex. Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 45
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I have to say it   "I told  you so" Smiley Wink  Smiley Very Happy

I'm really happy for you Bichonmom. I'm so glad you finally applied and got the response I (and others) told you I expected in other threads.  I'd have to dig through my paperwork to be sure, but I do remember them sending my EX score. I just don't know if it was for when I got my ZYNC or when I was denied for a BCE a few months afterward.

I don't think I called the phone number connected to the ZYNC info online, emails etc.  I do know it took a few calls (my MS date was 89 and inactive for over 15 years so it was in archives but they put in a request and found it).   Different people go through different experiences with backdating (remember not to call it that or say that word). I think it really depends on who you get on the phone. Some have even been backdated automaticaly (even MS dates as old or older than mine).

Anyway, HUGE CONGRATS AGAIN! 

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 45
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!  

So far I love the Zync... They will get your card to you FAST!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 45
teenastie
Established Contributor

Congratulations bichonmom Smiley Very Happy

I don't think you will get your EX Fico score as the NPSL Zync offers the best possible terms for said card. There is a small possibility that you may receive one but that should be an exception not the norm! I've seen a few posts from you mentioning getting back in Amex's good graces so... Welcome BACK to the family!!!

Also set up your online account and look to see what your member since date is on the top of the home page. If it says 2012 simply call customer service and see if you can have your membership date changed to your original membership date!!!

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.