Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! Just got approved for USAA Amex!

tag
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

OMG! Just got approved for USAA Amex!

I cannot believe this. I still have butterflies. I received an "Invitation" to apply in the mail over the weekend. I opted out of offers 2 years ago so I was surprised when I saw this.

Anyway, I debated on whether I should apply because I didn't want a wasted inquiry. I bit the bullet and applied just now. I got instantly approved for $3k credit limit at 11.9%. My highest limit to date was $700. I just got my scores up to 703 and opened a Roth last month so I'm wondering if that was the kicker.

Anyway, I am so happy. I worked hard over the past 2 years on my credit and I'm finally seeing my fruits.

Now, I am thinking about closing my Credit One card and next year I will have a funeral for my Orchard Bank card. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: OMG! Just got approved for USAA Amex!

Congrats! That's a good limit to start with.

Since you're a customer of USAA, that's why you get preapprovals, even when you're opted out.

I think there's a mechanism for opting out of offers from businesses that you already do business with, but that's beyond the basic opt-out that I think you chose.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
startover03
New Contributor

Re: OMG! Just got approved for USAA Amex!

Congratulations!  It's great to hear of your success in rebuilding! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.