Re: OMG My last card reported to EQ

Very nice - congrats!

Message 11 of 19
john398
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@john398

My father was deceased when I joined in 08. They may have changed their policy but they just asked me a few questions and a few minutes later gave me my membership number.

I will try thanks, may go in person as there are branches in Dallas

*EDIT, Iam going down today and find out, if they take me I will be singing that song 'In the Navy' LOL

Message 12 of 19
john398
Senior Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@john398

My father was deceased when I joined in 08. They may have changed their policy but they just asked me a few questions and a few minutes later gave me my membership number.

I will try thanks, may go in person as there are branches in Dallas

*EDIT, Iam going down today and find out, if they take me I will be singing that song 'In the Navy' LOL

Unfortnaly since my dad was only in the army during ww 2 but not retired from there it looks  like i do not qualify, oh well

Message 13 of 19
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 14 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@john398 wrote:

@Pilotdude wrote:
@NJTurnpike
If you haven't done so, try calling them if anyone in your family served in military.
I called and answered their questions and told them about my uncle (retired navy rear admiral) and my father (army) and she put me on hold for like 1minute and came back with "you are eligible would you like to join?"

They have to be still alive right? my father was in ww ii but he no longer is alive

now would be a great time to talk to your kids about serving in the military... We have a new roommate; got him signed up; then actually realized he was eligible through his son who is active duty USMC and is also a member. My husband actually talked his son into joining so Smiley Happy full circle. The son who joined is doing 10 times better in life than the one who didn't join.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 19
sonson
Regular Contributor

congrats

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 19
jatneal
New Contributor

When you give your family members name do they ask for birthdate and social's as well?  My uncle retired from the Army, that's the only link I may have.

Message 17 of 19
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

They did not in my case.  Just the name is all.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 18 of 19
drkaje
Senior Contributor

One of my nephews is joining the military. I may use him to get in but feel it's kind of a lame way to join as someone with an honorable discharge.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.