cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! OMG! I'm shaking! I'm in shock! WOW, I was approved for PenFed ...

tag
Veee
Frequent Contributor

OMG! OMG! I'm shaking! I'm in shock! WOW, I was approved for PenFed ...

What I was expecting and what I got WOW ... I am SO VERY greatful for the advice on myfico!

I've been waiting for target visa to update with the CRA's and they finally did yesterday or today.  I went to PedFed all nervous because I didn't want to be turned away and, well, almost fell off my chair.

Your loan was Approved! ... First shocker!

Loan Type: VISA Platimum Cash Rewards

Amount requested: $10,000.00 ... Second shocker!

I've also been pre-approved for an auto loan for $35,000.00 @ 4.750% ... Third shocker!

Now, it does say on the "offerings" sheet ... subject to further review and confirmation yada yada yada and it also said call NOW for your PIN #, so I called ...

Very very nice csr looked up the status and I asked her about the pin stuff ... done deal, then asked about the account/credit limit in regards to the "further review" comment and she said nope, you are APPROVED and must have really good credit cause there are other offers on the table for you.  I then asked how long the auto loan would be available because I was actually thinking about a new car at the end of the year again, she says, your good to go, whenever you need just call us!  OMG, I have chills!

Okay, I know some of you will ask and all I can tell you is this ....

I don't know who they pulled yet but everyone here says EQ which makes sense in my case because thats my highest score.

As far as I know (I haven't check EQ in a week or so) I still have one PAID medical collection on my account from 1yr 6mon ago.  I have one account with 30/60 days late (closed account) from 4yrs 7mon ago. My average age is 9 and of course I'm still showing the Providian CO from 2003 along with the Midland CA.

My FICO score (from here) was 691 on 9/27/08 with a 84% revolving utilization.  I paid that revolving TL down to around 10%. 

When I signed up today for the 30 day free trial at TC (to see if target visa reported yet) my fako was 670 for TU (9/20/08 TU was 638).

So, in a nutshell I actually don't know what my true FICO scores are today for EQ.

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!

Thank you all so very much for your advise, much appreciated!

Veee 

Message Edited by Veee on 10-15-2008 07:16 PM
Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG! OMG! I'm shaking! I'm in shock! WOW, I was approved for PenFed ...

congrats! i'd be tempted to call back and see if i could bump that 10k up a bit, but i'm a nutcase.

if you do, (fyi) they will use the same pull, or at least used to. good luck, not that i'm instigating or anything.

Message 2 of 25
score_building
Senior Contributor

Wow Vee, my word- that's really incredible, i'd be shaking too!  Super duper congrats!! 

1. deep breaths

2 revel in your glory!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 25
Veee
Frequent Contributor

Your funny, my DB says ... you should have ask for 20k!  I don't want to push my luck and the 10k is perfect for me ... right now Smiley Happy

What's so shocking to me is that I've read on here where everyone is getting X CL's and then they call and get it increased ... So, I said to myself ... I'm going for it!  I figured put 10k and let them tell me 5k or 7k or 2k for that matter.

Message 4 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you've already got other offers, you'll be able to do an online CLI in a few months.

Congrats, I'm so happy for you!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's good to be alive, huh?

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 25
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Congrats and very cool Vee. So are you still deceased? Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Vee!!!!
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oooohhhh, congrats, Veee!! That is fantastic... and I am jealous! Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 25
Veee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's good to be alive, huh?

Smiley Wink

HECK YEA!!!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.