Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG..STUNNED

tag
Mellon
Established Contributor

OMG..STUNNED

I applied for NFCU cashrewards in September.. Initially denied but I sent recon along with paystubs and got approved for $2000. After reading all of the CLI success I decided to hit the luv button and I got $5000 early this month. So today I thought about doing the balance transfer at 0% so I decided to ask for another CLI to $10000...got the 3-5 business day notice... just checked my account to pay my bill and my new limit IS 10K.. I am stunned and happy it is my highest limit. Now I can do the balance transfer and have enough of a cushion to still use my card to keep me under 50% utilization. THIS IS THE BEST CREDIT UNION EVER!!

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
chromonso1
Established Member

Re: OMG..STUNNED

Yup. Just saw someone else get $12,000 today. I apped on Monday for nRewards and got $12,500. Oh what fun Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 38
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

It's a good day - Congrats !

Message 3 of 38
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

I applied for NFCU cashrewards in September.. Initially denied but I sent recon along with paystubs and got approved for $2000. After reading all of the CLI success I decided to hit the luv button and I got $5000 early this month. So today I thought about doing the balance transfer at 0% so I decided to ask for another CLI to $10000...got the 3-5 business day notice... just checked my account to pay my bill and my new limit IS 10K.. I am stunned and happy it is my highest limit. Now I can do the balance transfer and have enough of a cushion to still use my card to keep me under 50% utilization. THIS IS THE BEST CREDIT UNION EVER!!

Congrats! That's terrific. Great CL! So, you were just at 5 months. They keep telling me to wait for 6 mos., but I'm getting antsy!

Do you know yet if you got any HPs? They told me that if you ask for a CLI *before* 6 mos., it's a HP, but *after* 6 mos., it's a SP. Somehow, I doubt the accuracy of this info, tho!

I wonder if they're doing more CLIs this month with their BT promo going on? Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 38
Guava
Established Contributor

Congrats! 5-digit limit sounds great Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 38
Mellon
Established Contributor

i haven't gotten an alert that a pull was made but with an increase to 10k i don't careSmiley Very Happy

I'm about to transfer these balances from Macy's and Barclays and will only have one account reporting a balance

Message 6 of 38
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

i haven't gotten an alert that a pull was made but with an increase to 10k i don't careSmiley Very Happy

I'm about to transfer these balances from Macy's and Barclays and will only have one account reporting a balance

Very cool! You'll probably get a FICO boost if you have less CCs reporting a balance. Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 38
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

Mellon:

Congratulations and thanks for posting.  Your post made me decide to head over to NFCU and see if I could get some Navy lovin.  MasterCard Platinum bumped from $15K to $25K immediately.

Message 8 of 38
Mellon
Established Contributor

Congrats to you also JaysonT

Maybe by years end (when the balance is paid off) they will bump me to 15K..If not I'll still be good with 10K

25K is AMAZING!!!

Message 9 of 38
RyVision
Valued Contributor

HUGE CONGRATS MELLON! 

NFCU can sure make it easy to like them at times, as well as rave about them LOL

Off topic question. I remember seeing your name "Mellon" on here long ago.  I was just wondering, being you joined in 2007, did you use that name because of Mellon Bank?  Just curious, I know there has to be newer people on here that probably haven't heard of Mellon Bank.  I had them many years ago, wondered if you did at some point too.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.