Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! Stupid Citi!!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

OMG! Stupid Citi!!

I just can't win with these guys!!!
After two inquiries and a two month long approval process for a $5k Citi Diamond Pref'ed account...
They HARD PULLED me again on March 4th!!!!! UGH!!!
So now..I have THREE hard pulls in three months from stupid Citibank!
I just called, and an Account Manager said she would put in a request for them to remove it!
Ugh I mean..one hard pull.. FINE! Two hard pulls, PUSHING IT... THREE?!?! **bleep**!!! NO!

So beware folks, Citi likes to randomly hard pull.
That one hard pull dropped me 15 points! UGH!!!!

Sorry to rant... Just a warning :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG! Stupid Citi!!

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I just can't win with these guys!!!
After two inquiries and a two month long approval process for a $5k Citi Diamond Pref'ed account...
They HARD PULLED me again on March 4th!!!!! UGH!!!
So now..I have THREE hard pulls in three months from stupid Citibank!
I just called, and an Account Manager said she would put in a request for them to remove it!
Ugh I mean..one hard pull.. FINE! Two hard pulls, PUSHING IT... THREE?!?! **bleep**!!! NO!

So beware folks, Citi likes to randomly hard pull.
That one hard pull dropped me 15 points! UGH!!!!

Sorry to rant... Just a warning :-)

Smiley Surprised That's terrible. I hope they are able to get it removed.

Anyway, I guess this YMMV is really random. I never have any problem with Citi at all. I am with them since '11. got 2x CLI with SP and I'm ready for another CLI.

Got a new card with chip in it. Since my 0% apr expired, they gave me another 6 months of 0% apr Smiley Very Happy So that's 18 months of 0% apr + 6 more months. This include BT also.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh wow...
Why can't I have that same experience!!? Lol I know that many people have great experiences with Citi... I just haven't :-/ bah..
Im just worried because I know Barclay's likes to AA people for inquiries; I still only have six over the last year, including those three from Citi.
I don't want to have to call the EO on them! Grrr lol that's pretty cool they gave you an extra 6 months!!!! 24 mos @0%... Not bad!! :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 8
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Oh wow...
Why can't I have that same experience!!? Lol I know that many people have great experiences with Citi... I just haven't :-/ bah..
Im just worried because I know Barclay's likes to AA people for inquiries; I still only have six over the last year, including those three from Citi.
@I don't want to have to call the EO on them! Grrr lol that's pretty cool they gave you an extra 6 months!!!! 24 mos @0%... Not bad!! :-)

Agreed! I remembered when you have that recon episode with your diamond card. Barclay is lender that I have no experience with yet.

Yes, it's pretty cool at 24 months 0%.  6 inq is nothing, I am sitting at 14-15 on each report and still getting love from Discover IT and Amex BCE Smiley Very Happy

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 8
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Good luck. I went through the same crap with Household bank (now cap 1) last March and have been fighting ever since over three hardpulls on TU. I contacted Cap One Exec and thought someone was finally going to fix it. However, the only thing that has happen so far is the three inquiries changed back to HSBC, instead of HSBC/CAP1

Thanks for nothing Cap 1!!!!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 5 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

LOL yeah... It's weird... Opening Amex and Discover in October barely even dropped my score...a couple points at most
But three inquiries and a new Citi account dropped it like 15 points! Ugh! Lol

Good to know that Amex/ Discover are still givin' you some luv!! Im hopefully going to get my Motiva cli'ed sometime next month -also will try to get it PC'ed to an IT, then I'm goin' for the big $25k on my Amex BCE June 1st!!!!

@calihlove- thanks for the good luck lol!
Did they tell you they were going to HP?
Im so sorry to hear that! Gosh! I don't mind getting a HP if I'm warned or have the option to just not have it, like with Barclay's-- I know they like to HP for clis, so I never request clis; I let them auto cli me, baby!
But dang... Citi didnt even have another reason to HP! They didnt even have a reason the second time!! I sent them a copy of my 100% updated/accurate/current credit report the DAY before they HP'ed me the second time.

I will dispute that inquiry to the end!!!! I'm not going down without a fight!!!
I asked an Account Mgr @ Citi if I could have the contact info for the Credit Reporting Bureau dept... She said they aren't customer service, so they don't have contact info.

I am not afraid to take advantage of the CFPB if need be! ;-)
Message 6 of 8
calihlove75
Established Contributor

LOL yeah... It's weird... Opening Amex and Discover in October barely even dropped my score...a couple points at most
But three inquiries and a new Citi account dropped it like 15 points! Ugh! Lol

Good to know that Amex/ Discover are still givin' you some luv!! Im hopefully going to get my Motiva cli'ed sometime next month -also will try to get it PC'ed to an IT, then I'm goin' for the big $25k on my Amex BCE June 1st!!!!

@calihlove- thanks for the good luck lol!
Did they tell you they were going to HP?
Im so sorry to hear that! Gosh! I don't mind getting a HP if I'm warned or have the option to just not have it, like with Barclay's-- I know they like to HP for clis, so I never request clis; I let them auto cli me, baby!
But dang... Citi didnt even have another reason to HP! They didnt even have a reason the second time!! I sent them a copy of my 100% updated/accurate/current credit report the DAY before they HP'ed me the second time.

I will dispute that inquiry to the end!!!! I'm not going down without a fight!!!
@I asked an Account Mgr @ Citi if I could have the contact info for the Credit Reporting Bureau dept... She said they aren't customer service, so they don't have contact info.

I am not afraid to take advantage of the CFPB if need be! ;-)

Nope it was all over one $300 limit card and I was assured it would be a soft pull when they were trying to give me a better start limit. The same report was hit (TU) 1/25/12,  2/4/12, and 3/1/12. At the time they said I should only have 1 and to send a copy of my report and I just go in circles..lol

I thought cap 1 was finally going to fix it. They are all over a year old now so I doubt they hurt me much. Like you, I get hit 10-15 points for one inquiry. I see posts of people going on big sprees and losing a few points..lol, if I even look at an inquiry I get hit!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 7 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ugh! I hate when stuff like that happens...
Whenever the CSR's are ill informed or we get random hard pulls, that affects our coveted FICO scores... Our financial well being, our ability to obtain credit (Im def in the garden though! I should have app'ed for Discover, Amex, and Citi all at the same time instead of spreading it out like I did.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.