Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Member

Thanks to everyone on myfico!  After waiting 7 LONG years and working hard with everyone's help, I received notice today that my credit score is 739 EQ!  This is up from 623 on January 28th!  I am 2 weeks from closing on my first home and finally have confidence in my credit history!  I had one baddie that I kept fighting from Sprint for $81 and when it FINALLY went away, my score jumped from 682 to 739, so I guess it was hurting me a lot.

I have one $500 HSBC credit limit card.  Any suggestions for expanding my credit profile after the closing on my house?  I thinking of apping at my credit union and probably at Lowes.

Im new to Myfico, so have no experience to give you,  however congrats on the score increase and keep up the great work!

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Established Contributor

Yeah, Lowes would be good or a card with Bank of America...but only after you close.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

I would try a credit union, of course after you close,and check the forum for any good bank card offers.

Senior Contributor

First off...congrats on the wonderful score bump!!!!!  Smiley Surprised

After your home purchase, I'd try for the Lowes.  I apped online & initially they gave me a $400 limit (what can ya buy with that??)  So I imediately called their cust service # and let them know I needed appliances.....immediate bump to $2900.

I'd certainly check with a credit union...and if you want another card for the mix, go for the Nationwide Visa.  They give some sweet limits & great rates!

Oh....congrats on the house too!!!

Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 07/2015 TU 730 - EQ 699 - EX 724
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 08.09.15

Moderator Emeritus

Wow!  Great score jump - congrats!  Talk about payoff for hard work!

hdsbmt wrote:  I have one $500 HSBC credit limit card.  Any suggestions for expanding my credit profile after the closing on my house?  I thinking of apping at my credit union and probably at Lowes.

Sounds like you have a good plan.  DH had a $500 Orchard, then app'd with Alliant CU and received a $10,000 CL Visa.

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.