cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMGoshers why does Discover take so long to report???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMGoshers why does Discover take so long to report???

I was approved for a Discover More card early November and a Chase card about a week later. The chase card has been a new tradeline for at least 3 weeks now and still nothing for Discover. I only really care b/c the Discover has a nice limit and I want the boost in my score. How long does Discover usually take to report?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
HiLine
Blogger

Re: OMGoshers why does Discover take so long to report???

One month plus several days. You'd have to wait till the first statement closes. 

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that, but I've yet to have a statement close for Chase either and they have already reported...And from reading other posts Discover is known to take a long time for the initial report.

Message 3 of 18
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Mine didn't report until November 23rd, and I got the card on October 4th.  A user from another forum said that his or her Discover card took SIX months to report! o.O

EDIT: OP - Wow, your Discover limit is really nice!  Especially compared to your Freedom limit...that's quite a contrast.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 4 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

Discover and American Express are very similar in this regard. No other lender I know takes that long to report new accounts. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sakhalin070 wrote:

Mine didn't report until November 23rd, and I got the card on October 4th.  A user from another forum said that his or her Discover card took SIX months to report! o.O

EDIT: OP - Wow, your Discover limit is really nice!  Especially compared to your Freedom limit...that's quite a contrast.

Yeah I applied too soon for the Freedom card. When I called the backdoor number they told me they gave me that limit b/c they didn't see the Discover card and to request an increase once the Discover card reports. Lesson learned.

Message 6 of 18
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Dang, AMEX takes awhile too?

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 7 of 18
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

got mine in June and finally reported in nov...discover is super slow..

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 8 of 18
Tran92
Regular Contributor

You should had waited apping for the Freedom with a high limit like that on your Discover lol

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 9 of 18
YahComb
Established Contributor

It took 2 statements for discover to report. Also it seems they like to skip a statement reporting when you have account changes like a cli.

Amex took 1 statement for me-pretty standard.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.