Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ON Visa CLI

tag
frogfan12
Established Contributor

ON Visa CLI

The last few months have been kind of crazy for me (hence my absence from this site) and I have not been PIFing my CCs like I would like to. Oddly enough, my Old Navy Visa went from $4K to $4800 to $5K now that I've carried a balance on it. When I did not carry a balance, my CLI requests were denied. Well there you have it. Carry a balance with GE and they give you a CLI.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: ON Visa CLI

@frogfan12 wrote:

The last few months have been kind of crazy for me (hence my absence from this site) and I have not been PIFing my CCs like I would like to. Oddly enough, my Old Navy Visa went from $4K to $4800 to $5K now that I've carried a balance on it. When I did not carry a balance, my CLI requests were denied. Well there you have it. Carry a balance with GE and they give you a CLI.

CONGRATS!!!

I've rarely carried a balance and gotten CLI's, it's YMMV but I think them earning interest off you would be a + to them giving you a CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

I've been absent, too. Smiley Happy I have yet to use my ON visa.  Congrats on the CLI! Are you carrying a bal close to the limit, or just a small one? Looks like they want to make money from you by encouraging you to charge more on your card. I had CCs do that back when I didn't know better, and I ended up getting in over my head. The credit system isn't really set up for our benefit. That's why I'm so glad I've learned so much from this forum. I've learned how to make the credit system work for me instead of the banks! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 5
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

I've been absent, too. Smiley Happy I have yet to use my ON visa.  Congrats on the CLI! Are you carrying a bal close to the limit, or just a small one? Looks like they want to make money from you by encouraging you to charge more on your card. I had CCs do that back when I didn't know better, and I ended up getting in over my head. The credit system isn't really set up for our benefit. That's why I'm so glad I've learned so much from this forum. I've learned how to make the credit system work for me instead of the banks! Smiley Very Happy

My balance was at about 50%. I don't mind the CLI and intend to pay the card down to $0 before the year's up. I've just had a rough few months with car repairs and medical bills but I'm hoping to get on my feet soon.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 4 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, it will be a nice little boost for your util. I've had a tough couple of months, too, so I'm taking advantage of a 0% BT from Apple. Hope things turn around soon for you! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.