Super Contributor

Re: ONE MORE APP RING

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:
I don't know about that. To my knowledge the ring is a no rewards low apr cc

ring.png

That's what it says on the site 

So, basically... If Barclay does good in the market and you have the ring card, they give you back a small portion of what they've earned? I'm a little confused!

No, it says in the T&Cs that their actual profits don't matter, they estimate what their profits are going to be or something, no clue really. ...I really don't understand it Smiley Tongue Hoping a current cardholder can explain Smiley Tongue 

Message 11 of 17
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:
I don't know about that. To my knowledge the ring is a no rewards low apr cc

ring.png

That's what it says on the site 

So, basically... If Barclay does good in the market and you have the ring card, they give you back a small portion of what they've earned? I'm a little confused!

No, it says in the T&Cs that their actual profits don't matter, they estimate what their profits are going to be or something, no clue really. ...I really don't understand it Smiley Tongue Hoping a current cardholder can explain Smiley Tongue 

Oooohhhh.. Well, if thats the case then thats even better! Hopefully a card holder can clear this up for us.. im interested in learning more about this card!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Ohh boy i really need to stop!!!!"...............ROTFL, I'm in the same position.  I was just approved for AMEX, CHASE, WALMART and BELK (Both are GE Cards).  Now that my app spree was successful, I want to app for the Lexus Financial Credit Card to earn points when I have my car serviced.  Now I have a delimma, in total I have CAP 1 CC my CU CC and the four listed above.  I'm not sure if apping for one more is pushing it.  Spoke with Rep at Lexus and they have the option to RECON if denied.  Any thoughts?  My CU just released the funds from my secured CC and made the limit $2k.

Message 13 of 17
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"Ohh boy i really need to stop!!!!"...............ROTFL, I'm in the same position.  I was just approved for AMEX, CHASE, WALMART and BELK (Both are GE Cards).  Now that my app spree was successful, I want to app for the Lexus Financial Credit Card to earn points when I have my car serviced.  Now I have a delimma, in total I have CAP 1 CC my CU CC and the four listed above.  I'm not sure if apping for one more is pushing it.  Spoke with Rep at Lexus and they have the option to RECON if denied.  Any thoughts?  My CU just released the funds from my secured CC and made the limit $2k.

Youre probably pushing it.. not so much because of the credit cards you have, but because of the recent inq's and credit cards themselves which are going to temp drop your score.. i would garden for about 6 months and then app... with the new cards reporting your credit should bounce back in 6 months

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 17
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Ya, i should have stopped with just chase. The ring card gives cash kickbacks to each cardmember depending on how much that cardmember participates in the ring community. Like enrolling in paper statements, and referring new cardmembers. I have no idea how much peeps actually get back yet.
My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 15 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Eh, even if you only get a little bit back, for a low APR card with no AF it's a good deal. Especially only $1 for cash advances, lol. 

Edit: No one should take that to mean that taking a cash advance is a good idea lol

Message 16 of 17
RHAL
Regular Contributor

The cash advance apr is only 8 too Smiley Wink
My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.