Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORCHARD CARD ?

tag
mzsweet
Established Member

ORCHARD CARD ?

I have a secured orchard card that I've had for about 6-8 months. I applied for a different card I think HSBC and was denied because I have the maximum allowed cards. Can you only have 1 card? Should I close this secured card since my scored have gone up and I've received unsecured cards now?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ORCHARD CARD ?

I too have the Orchard Secured $500/$600 card. I attempted to get another HSBC card via their card selector and was turned down due to having max cards. Applying cost me an inquiry!

Depending on the age of the card, closing it could negatively impact yours scores, though likely minimally. In my case, I opened this card in August. Closing it in August next probably won't impact my 15 yr history. Plus I avoid the AF.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will turn you down for additional cold apps but after a while will send you pre-app invitations.
Message 3 of 7
Niki9
Regular Contributor

mzsweet wrote:
I have a secured orchard card that I've had for about 6-8 months. I applied for a different card I think HSBC and was denied because I have the maximum allowed cards. Can you only have 1 card? Should I close this secured card since my scored have gone up and I've received unsecured cards now?

I have 2 HSBC cards
Orchard that I have had since 2001
and 4 months ago I was preapproved for Best Buy mc.

I think the max you can have of anything thing with HSBC is 3.

My guess is that you have not had the orchard card long enough.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had an OC for 4/5 years and olny got CLI twice to max 2000:Never applied for  another card except for HSBC and they approve me for 350!!!!!!!!What an insult after getting approved by Amex Gold,Blue,BOA,Disc etc.And they will not give me any increases.Smiley Mad

I do not know what the max amount of cards u can get but, it's too risky considering the inq on ur report.

I have an Amex w/ 30K limit: So OB is really an enigma. 

TU:716_3inq
EQuak: 701
EXP:696_10inq 
as of 11/25/07

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the following from HSBC: Orchard bank Gold MC $600cl; Direct Rewards Discover $300 CL; HSBC Platinum $300 CL; and HSBC Platinum Cash or Fly $1250 CL. Also had the Best Buy MC in april and closed it in sept.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Brammy.  HSBC will only let you have one of their cards, unless the second one is from a preapproved offer.  I have read many posts where people were, like OP, declined for a second card by cold apping through the online card selector, and the reason given was "Maximum number of cards allowed" or something to that effect.

I believe this is a relatively recent policy change.

Message Edited by cheddar on 11-25-2007 07:51 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.