cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Observations - Chase Hyatt Compared to QS Looks.

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Observations - Chase Hyatt Compared to QS Looks.

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ok so I just got my Chase Hyatt card today..  I have the say the CC has awesome perks/rewards aka 2 Free nights at any resort 5 star or all-inclusive and no black-out with that said...

I think it is UGLY!  It reminds me of the looks of my QuickSilver card!   I have always hated the looks of the QS card.  I thought it wouldn't look the same and wow are they similar looking!  Kinda scary.  Granted Cap1 has treated me good with nice CL's as well as Chase, but for such a nice card from Chase you think they would change the color/looks slightly..  I know vain, but just an observation! Definitely will hit the 1k spend in a few days as bills are due to beginning of month.. I was planning on using this due to 2x on restaurants, but due to looks a good portion of the limit might goto the CSP as that is 2x on food/drinks and if I ever need to transfer obviously can do so.

Anyways, anyone else make this correlation of looks or am I just weird?

All i can say is Smiley Embarassed

Message 21 of 27
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have Marriott and like its black color, although the card is scuffed up like crazy. Ritz card is almost 1 year old and it has held up good. I have an unused Ritz card that was canceled because it didnt show up, but then showed up the day after the replacement did. Comparing them is crazy, the unused Ritz is like AHHHHH, beautiful compared to the used one lol. 

I don't have the Hyatt card but it doesn't look very appealing, looks wise lol. And, if it made like United Visa Signature, then its flimsy too lol. 

Message 22 of 27
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

I find the most popular colors for credit cards are blue (CSP, Venture, Freedom, Arrival) black (Ritz, Marriott) and gold (PRG, Delta). Silver or red is a hit or miss and GREEN is completely repulsive. 

I still have faith that one day banks will get so desperate they take more fashion'esque cues.  Bring back some of the older designs or logos, maybe even do charge plates when the internet breaks. Lol.

I actually find Green quite atractive. I think the Amex Green is superior looking to the PRG.  Black is unoriginal in my opinion. Same with Silver and Gold.

I even tried to get all creative and made my own capital 1 card image and it came out terrible so what do I know.  This is my favorite card:

https://www.fnbnamibia.com.na/07images/contentImages/personal/credit-card/turquoise-card-MB.jpg

http://www.friendbank.net/images/creditcard.jpg

Same. I got my newly designed QS and immediately thought "what did I do" Lol. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 23 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Ritz card is pretty great looking

Amex plat just has that "classic" amex look that is immediately recognizable

Citi prestige is a pretty nice looking card (though i preferred it before it became all matte and quicksilvery) 

And I won't lie, i kind of dig the looks of the wells fargo cards, with the stagecoach design. It's pretty neat =] 

Message 24 of 27
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I love the look of my Amex Hilton HHonors card. Good looking card. And they may have changed the Barclay Rewards look.. Much nicer than the previous one I had. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 25 of 27
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Another one I like is the PRG. Not a lot of Gold colored cards out there these days. Lol.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 26 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Another one I like is the PRG. Not a lot of Gold colored cards out there these days. Lol.

+1

I don't know what happened to the 'Gold' cards... in my opinion, the classiest looking card I've ever carried was a Citibank 'Preferred' Visa Gold... it had the same 'pizazz' the PRG now has.  Back then (90s) 'Gold' was what 'Signature' is today. 

I guess they have to keep changing it around for some reason.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.