Established Contributor
Jlu

Re: Obsess with Express

Nobody mentioned yet that AMEX generally pulls EX exclusively, therefore, the OP is in a great position to apply for the SPG AMEX. 

OP I'd say go for it.

Wallet: JP Morgan Select Visa Signature $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Citi ThankYou Premier Visa Signature $5700 | AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card | Barclaycard Visa $5k | Discover IT $10k | Chase Freedom Visa $3k | Capital One Quicksilver $3k | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature $8k | Walmart Store $5k | Amazon Store $10k | Chase Total Checking |
Revelate

Jlu wrote:

Nobody mentioned yet that AMEX generally pulls EX exclusively, therefore, the OP is in a great position to apply for the SPG AMEX. 

OP I'd say go for it.

You're correct on their charge cards, but Amex revolvers are a different animal.  I suspect in this case there will be 2 reports pulled: new customer, not quite easy approval.   Could well be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it's being an EX pull only in this instance.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 679, EQ 8 708, TU 711, EX 702* (07/14/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Jlu

It's possible. I have only applied for their charge cards where they pull EX only. 

Wallet: JP Morgan Select Visa Signature $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Citi ThankYou Premier Visa Signature $5700 | AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card | Barclaycard Visa $5k | Discover IT $10k | Chase Freedom Visa $3k | Capital One Quicksilver $3k | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature $8k | Walmart Store $5k | Amazon Store $10k | Chase Total Checking |
Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

They only pulled EX for my BCE, but they SP me all the time on EX and EQ to pre-approve the PRG.

Regular Contributor
hotpoint

SwampSystems wrote:

They only pulled EX for my BCE, but they SP me all the time on EX and EQ to pre-approve the PRG.

Hello All and thaks again for your assistance.  I really want to know the best route, recently I applied for the NFCU membership (3-5 dy wait) and thought I would go for a high CL and BT, but I am interested in applying for a best AMEX to start the process . . . comments.  As I mentioned, my EX is very clean EQ and TU show the BK, which will delete 10.13.

Thanks for your comments,

-HotPoint

8.12.12   EX 761 - USAA

8.12.12   EQ 687 - FICO

8.13.12   TU 702 - FICO

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Creditaddict wrote:

I would apply for Charge Card and if approved go back in and try for the revolver you want... 1 INQ - probably pretty good chance.

Also if you are at 30-40% and can't pay it off why not open new account and BT what you have now... not sure your limits but with no inq or new accounts in over 2 years, you are probably in a pretty good place to get a few new bigger cards and get that util overall down while you work on the individual util.

+1

they usually pull EX for charge cards, Not sure if they do double pulls if you ask for a revolver after you are approved. Best backdating play would be charge card now, then revolver in january, free 8 months of backdating goodness. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Amtrak 4.6k, & Freedom 3.3k & Slate 3.3k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & AMEX Hilton Surpass 7.5k & AMEX Zync NPSL, Sams Club Discover 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne 2.5k, CapOne 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Regular Contributor
EandK23

I was just approved a week ago for BCE and they pulled EX. I think you'd be ok.
Established Contributor
aussiesareforever

They pulled all three when I applied for the delta amex. However I had a BK reporting on all three when I applied (I hadn't found these forums yet, didn't realize I was just wasting my inquiries :smileyhappy:

Anyways, just wanted to throw it out there that AMEX could possibly pull EQ and TU- esp with questionable credit.

BK in 2008, after making very stupid financial decisions.

Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($6400) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000)---GEMB CareCredit ($5700) --- AUFCU ($10000)--- Walmart ($5000)

FICO Scores: TU 735 EQ 709 EX 740 (Feb 2013, all pulled by lender)

Contributor
CreditEd

95% of the time they will pull EX. I believe they have ownership in EX. They also have a significantly large historical db and they use that just as much as they use a CRA Report.

I was denied my SPG with scores of +680 and got it successfully on a complicated recon. I app'd only because I knew I had a CO deletion coming which was about 2 years old and about $500. 

I would say that you need 710+ scores at least before making a worthwhile try for the SPG. Also I was a Plat card holder, but still originally got denied. The revolver process is severely more stringent and expect a manual review in all cases that you apply for a SPG. 

All Thanks to myFico:
AMEX Business Platinum (NPSL) | AMEX Business SPG ($25,000) | AMEX Delta Sky Platinum ($10,000 | AMEX H. Honors ($2,000) | Citi Hilton Honors Reserve ($14,000) | Citi Diamond Preferred ($4,700) | Citi ThankYou Preferred ($3,200) | Chase Freedom ($3,000) | FNBO Platinum MC (awaiting the limit) | HSBC Platinum ($2,000) | US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature ($5,000)
Regular Contributor
hotpoint

CreditEd wrote:

95% of the time they will pull EX. I believe they have ownership in EX. They also have a significantly large historical db and they use that just as much as they use a CRA Report.

I was denied my SPG with scores of +680 and got it successfully on a complicated recon. I app'd only because I knew I had a CO deletion coming which was about 2 years old and about $500. 

I would say that you need 710+ scores at least before making a worthwhile try for the SPG. Also I was a Plat card holder, but still originally got denied. The revolver process is severely more stringent and expect a manual review in all cases that you apply for a SPG. 

Thanks again for the insight - perhaps I should apply for the simply process since my EX is perfect . . .

HotPoint

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+