Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsessed with Credit Cards/Credit Profile

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Obsessed with Credit Cards/Credit Profile

You definitely have to have self control and not get caught up in all the hype. Ala OCCU,NASA,Diner's. I've gotten cards that I certainly never would have had I not seen it talked about here.

Pied Piper 1.jpg

Message 31 of 62
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

As a serious note - you could say that most people are obsessed with their career since they go to work every day, that's much different than someone obsessed with something unhealthy like gambling, overeating or drugs. It's about the end result. The end result of credit/career/knowledge obsessions are positives such as success, financial freedom & wisdom.

@Anonymous't worry about what others think. You can laugh when you drive by their clunker car in your newly financed BMW @ 1.24%.

But, that is being overly positive about the forums!   At least some fraction are more likely to be "helped" to apply for a card that they cannot use well, just  because it is metal, or a card with useless rewards because it has a high CL, or get unnecessarily nervous about utilization etc.   So there is good advice here, but it is mixed in with herd-moving nonsense!

Baaaahhhhh!!!

Message 32 of 62
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Same here dude! I lurk the forums all day and plan,replan my fall 2015 app spree once my reports are clean. I think years of not taking care of my credit as well as witnessing my parents struggle with bad credit in their 60s has made me bound and determined to be different. It's a shame that it took me to finally realize the importance of good credit in my 40s. But hey, better late than never. I am working towards 850 across bureaus.

Screenshot_2014-10-28-11-56-39_1_1.jpg

ONE day! Lol

I think if someone gets 850's across the board it should say something other than "great." I think it should say something like, "Congratulations, we are dispatching a STD free stripper to your house for a BJ and a cup of coffee. Enjoy!"

Personal:

Business:

Message 33 of 62
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Same here dude! I lurk the forums all day and plan,replan my fall 2015 app spree once my reports are clean. I think years of not taking care of my credit as well as witnessing my parents struggle with bad credit in their 60s has made me bound and determined to be different. It's a shame that it took me to finally realize the importance of good credit in my 40s. But hey, better late than never. I am working towards 850 across bureaus.

ONE day! Lol

I think if someone gets 850's across the board it should say something other than "great." I think it should say something like, "Congratulations, we are dispatching a STD free stripper to your house for a BJ and a cup of coffee. Enjoy!"

+1

LMAO!!!

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 34 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

ONE day! Lol

In before mod cut. Smiley Wink

Message 35 of 62
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

I've always been mildly obsessed with my credit/credit cards.  I am very proud of the way I've managed them--I only wish I'd managed my relationships as well as I have my credit cards!  (Come to think of it, the relationships caused the only stress regarding my credit cards that I've ever had--but I managed to get one deadbeat to pay up, though I had to write the other one off as a total loss.)

But yeah, having a happy credit life makes many other things so much simpler.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 36 of 62
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Yes. I read this forum and two other CC forums regularly even when I'm at college on my phone. Always thinking about what cards I wanna get in the future too.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 37 of 62
uswala
Senior Contributor

Off-late I feel obsessed as well!

Message 38 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Only a real problem if it takes over your life and stops you doing other things you would enjoy.  (And even then, it depends: if you would enjoy going out at night, breaking into homes and killing sleeping children, it's better to be obsessed with credit cards).

Oh, the delightful British humor.  Apparently the easy life of an MSer leaves way too much free time to ruminate bad thoughts.  Which brings to mind a Halloween question:  Was Jack the Ripper the first MSer?  Did he collect "grocery certificates." before he collected body parts?  And is the fact that the poster username ends in "lurker," is it all an innocent coincidence?/...

Message 39 of 62
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Well, the first thing I did last Christmas morning, was request an American Express 3X CLI ($6000 -> $18000)...

Thats not Crazy, is it?

Oh, and Happy Halloween everybody.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.