Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsessed with Credit Cards/Credit Profile

tag
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

Obsessed with Credit Cards/Credit Profile

Every day when I wake up, I check my email on my phone hoping for a myFICO update. When I get to work, I sip some coffee, check the forums, and look over credit card prospects for the future. My coworkers and roomates say the same things, "you're obsessed" or "you've got a problem man." Maybe I do maybe I don't.

I can think of 4 cards right now that I want. AMEX(any) - Discover - Citi DC - CSP. I also want a mortgage and to fast forward 5 years to log on to myFICO, see 800+ score, and think, "wow man, I did it"

Is anyone else as obsessed as I am? Am I crazy?

Happy Halloween btw haha

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Obsessed with Credit Cards/Credit Profile

@Desmoire wrote:

Every day when I wake up, I check my email on my phone hoping for a myFICO update. When I get to work, I sip some coffee, check the forums, and look over credit card prospects for the future. My coworkers and roomates say the same things, "you're obsessed" or "you've got a problem man." Maybe I do maybe I don't.

I can think of 4 cards right now that I want. AMEX(any) - Discover - Citi DC - CSP. I also want a mortgage and to fast forward 5 years to log on to myFICO, see 800+ score, and think, "wow man, I did it"

Happy Halloween btw haha

Only a real problem if it takes over your life and stops you doing other things you would enjoy.  (And even then, it depends: if you would enjoy going out at night, breaking into homes and killing sleeping children, it's better to be obsessed with credit cards).

Message 2 of 62
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I agree with longtimelurker!
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 3 of 62
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:
Only a real problem if it takes over your life and stops you doing other things you would enjoy.  (And even then, it depends: if you would enjoy going out at night, breaking into homes and killing sleeping children, it's better to be obsessed with credit cards).

LOL!

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 4 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Desmoire wrote:

Happy Halloween btw haha

Yes.  I am obsessed too.

Message 5 of 62
baller4life
Super Contributor

Same here dude! I lurk the forums all day and plan,replan my fall 2015 app spree once my reports are clean. I think years of not taking care of my credit as well as witnessing my parents struggle with bad credit in their 60s has made me bound and determined to be different. It's a shame that it took me to finally realize the importance of good credit in my 40s. But hey, better late than never. I am working towards 850 across bureaus.

Screenshot_2014-10-28-11-56-39_1_1.jpg

ONE day! Lol

Message 6 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do the same thing!  4 years ago I had a wallet full of credit cards and a home I owned, then I went through a foreclosure and a BK, now I want it all back!!  So I read here every day to monitor the changes and learn about how to fix everything.  

Message 7 of 62
Jlu
Established Contributor

You guys are sick. Get help before you start spending your days scoring scores & shooting them in to your arm.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 8 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

baller4life - you see a lot. Sometimes it takes a good slap up the side of the head to get it. Took me thirteen years post BK to finally reach the 800 club (note not everyone takes this long). Glad to be there as it has been a challenge.
Message 9 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

longtimelurker - was going to ask if you were dressed for Halloween but see from your avatar your going as yourself! Nice... real nice...
Message 10 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.