Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtain new CC by PCing from other cards - Chase

tag
dabo1502
New Contributor

Obtain new CC by PCing from other cards - Chase

Greetings All,

I can't find on the board, so I would like to pose this question and determine if this is possible:

I currently have Chase Cards (CSP and FU) and an affiliated cards (IHG) with $30k between all 3.  Now, what I would do is to  secure a SWA card to round of my needs.  The quesion I wish to ask is thus:  Am I able to initiate a SM inquiring about transferring funds from two of the 3 cards thus have the tranferred amount for the requested SWA card.without actually initiating an application (HP)  The most recent card I obtained as the IHG about 2 months ago .  I am under the 5/24 rul.  Is this a wise move?  Please advise.  Thanks

NOTE: Moderate, bump if not appropriate tab!s

EQ - 812 (CCT) 5/29/17 / EX- 819 (CCT) - 5/29/2017 / TU - 812 - 5/29(CCT) / Util - 2% / AA0A - 6 years, 8 months

Diners Club Prestige - $40K; Amex ED - $18K; Amex BCE - $5K; Chase CSP - $6K; Chase Freedom Unlimited- $8K; Chase IHG - $17K; Walmart MC - $7.6K; Discover - $12.9K; Merrick - $4850; Credit Care - $2.5K; Pay Pal - 5K; Macy's - $5.2K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Obtain new CC by PCing from other cards - Chase

@dabo1502 wrote:

Greetings All,

I can't find on the board, so I would like to pose this question and determine if this is possible:

I currently have Chase Cards (CSP and FU) and an affiliated cards (IHG) with $30k between all 3.  Now, what I would do is to  secure a SWA card to round of my needs.  The quesion I wish to ask is thus:  Am I able to initiate a SM inquiring about transferring funds from two of the 3 cards thus have the tranferred amount for the requested SWA card.without actually initiating an application (HP)  The most recent card I obtained as the IHG about 2 months ago .  I am under the 5/24 rul.  Is this a wise move?  Please advise.  Thanks

NOTE: Moderate, bump if not appropriate tab!s

I don't think it's possible to PC to or from a Chase partner card.

You can only PC a Chase card to another Chase card, like Ink, Freedom, Sapphire, or Slate, but not to/from a partner card like Southwest, Marriott, Hyatt, etc.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

if i am reading that right, which i may not be because it's late, you want to take some of your existing credit line with chase cards and get the southwest card without a hard pull?  if that is what you asked, you can't.  a new card is a new hard pull and a new inquiry.  what you can do is if approved, move some of your other cards' credit lines to that one if you need a higher line to meet your needs if you're approved with a low line.  

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

if i am reading that right, which i may not be because it's late, you want to take some of your existing credit line with chase cards and get the southwest card without a hard pull?  if that is what you asked, you can't.  a new card is a new hard pull and a new inquiry.  what you can do is if approved, move some of your other cards' credit lines to that one if you need a higher line to meet your needs if you're approved with a low line.  

+1

I think this is right.  If it's new it would be a HP.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.