Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October AA Meeting

tag
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

October AA Meeting

Hi, my name is AZHeather and I am an appoholic.  I have been app free for 129 days.  My app of choice is currently Amex. 

Several times a week I log on to Amex, enter my info, and hover over the submit button.  Then I reason with myself, picture my FICO scores, and close the window.  I am close, oh so close, thinking of how great that feeling is of reading “You Are Approved!"  Not to mention, getting the card in the mail; feeling the slick plastic in my hand; running my fingers over the raised letters of my name; hearing the noise of the activation label peeling off the card; signing the back knowing – it’s mine -; and the wonderful feeling of it sliding into place in my wallet.  That’s the high. 

The low is waking up the next morning with an inquiry!  Oh that ugly inquiry that drives your FICO scores down.  And heaven forbid the inquiry is for not - the denial.  Yes, I said it - the denial!  The thing that pops up on the screen screaming, “YOU ARE NOT CREDITWORTHY!”  The inquiry from the denial, you know, the one that other creditors down the road will see when they HP you and see that while you have the inquiry from Amex, you do not have one on your report.  The shame!!

That thought is what makes me close the window; not click the submit button.  Not yet.  Not now.  I am not ready.  I know this.  One year app free, that is my goal.  I will achieve it with a little help from my fellow appoholics.

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: October AA Meeting

lol congrats on being 129 days clean. 

keep yourself busy and you will have no reason to app for anything. 

i myself am only 35 days clean but plan on 720+

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@AZHeather wrote:

Hi, my name is AZHeather and I am an appoholic.  I have been app free for 129 days.  My app of choice is currently Amex. 

Several times a week I log on to Amex, enter my info, and hover over the submit button.  Then I reason with myself, picture my FICO scores, and close the window.  I am close, oh so close, thinking of how great that feeling is of reading “You Are Approved!"  Not to mention, getting the card in the mail; feeling the slick plastic in my hand; running my fingers over the raised letters of my name; hearing the noise of the activation label peeling off the card; signing the back knowing – it’s mine -; and the wonderful feeling of it sliding into place in my wallet.  That’s the high. 

The low is waking up the next morning with an inquiry!  Oh that ugly inquiry that drives your FICO scores down.  And heaven forbid the inquiry is for not - the denial.  Yes, I said it - the denial!  The thing that pops up on the screen screaming, “YOU ARE NOT CREDITWORTHY!”  The inquiry from the denial, you know, the one that other creditors down the road will see when they HP you and see that while you have the inquiry from Amex, you do not have one on your report.  The shame!!

That thought is what makes me close the window; not click the submit button.  Not yet.  Not now.  I am not ready.  I know this.  One year app free, that is my goal.  I will achieve it with a little help from my fellow appoholics.

Now thats deep!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 48
adavis425
Established Contributor

@AZHeather wrote:

Several times a week I log on to Amex, enter my info, and hover over the submit button.  Then I reason with myself, picture my FICO scores, and close the window.  I am close, oh so close, thinking of how great that feeling is of reading “You Are Approved!"  Not to mention, getting the card in the mail; feeling the slick plastic in my hand; running my fingers over the raised letters of my name; hearing the noise of the activation label peeling off the card; signing the back knowing – it’s mine -; and the wonderful feeling of it sliding into place in my walletThat’s the high

Lol! OMG!! Boy, did you ever nail that!! Smiley LOL The only cure is denial, but alas, even that is temporary. Good luck gardening. Smiley Tongue

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 4 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

@AZHeather wrote:

Several times a week I log on to Amex, enter my info, and hover over the submit button.  Then I reason with myself, picture my FICO scores, and close the window.  I am close, oh so close, thinking of how great that feeling is of reading “You Are Approved!"  Not to mention, getting the card in the mail; feeling the slick plastic in my hand; running my fingers over the raised letters of my name; hearing the noise of the activation label peeling off the card; signing the back knowing – it’s mine -; and the wonderful feeling of it sliding into place in my walletThat’s the high

Lol! OMG!! Boy, did you ever nail that!! Smiley LOL The only cure is denial, but alas, even that is temporary. Good luck gardening. Smiley Tongue

" The CC Monologues"

Get a director on this!!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 48
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@AZHeather wrote:

LOL, I am glad I am not the only one going through page 3 of the application and not submitting. I save and get the reminder email to finish the application until it expires and do it all over again. March 2013, March 2013.

Congrats on staying 'clean'. You can do it!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 6 of 48
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Hello. My name is Duncan and its been almost a month since my last drapping (drunk apping). I had a close scare and nearly crashed my FICO score into a wall of denial. I was able to pull out if the slide before crashing into the wall (successful recon).

My new car is in the shop (thanks to temporary high utilization) and I hope to have it running for the early summer season. If I'm able to fight off my drapping I hope to one day race jets with other FICO high flyers!

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 48
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Hello. My name is Duncan and its been almost a month since my last drapping (drunk apping). I had a close scare and nearly crashed my FICO score into a wall of denial. I was able to pull out if the slide before crashing into the wall (successful recon).

My new car is in the shop (thanks to temporary high utilization) and I hope to have it running for the early summer season. If I'm able to fight off my drapping I hope to one day race jets with other FICO high flyers!

this kind of works both ways for you duncanrr. 

i cant decide if the car is a metaphor or not though lol. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 8 of 48
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Smiley Wink I don't drink n drive. That's just stupid.

Is there a FICO tipsy taxi I can call? Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 48
aplast
Regular Contributor

The app and getting approved is great, but the "high" for me is calling that back door number and trying to sweet talk the analyst hoping being pleasant will get me a better CL. Haha anyone else enjoy those phone calls??
Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.