Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Amex NPSL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odd Amex NPSL

I just got my Amex platinum and I already have the PRG since November. 

The card is activated and I started using it. 

When I checking spending ability with the PRG, I can up to $12,000 but the Platinum can't go above $2,000. 

I usually not charge more than $1k a month so I am fine but why?

Did I loose some spending power?

I thought it was internal and not each account. 

I needed to upgrade but did not want to wait 13 months and I was about to cancel the PRG/

I am confused now. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odd Amex NPSL

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my Amex platinum and I already have the PRG since November. 

When I checking spending ability with the PRG, I can up to $12,000 but the Platinum can't go above $2,000. 

I needed to upgrade but did not want to wait 13 months and I was about to cancel the PRG/

I am confused now. 

Doesn't seem to make sense but perhaps it has to do with the fact you checked both same day.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the Platinum first and it said $12,000 was not approved then on the PRG it said it would be approved

Message 3 of 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my Amex platinum and I already have the PRG since November

I am confused now. 

AMEX works in mysterious ways sometimes. 

From your own statement, you've had the PRG longer than you've had the Plat.  Could be that age of that particular card, the PRG, with a history on it, is why it results in a higher "check spending" capability.  Run some expenses through the Plat card and check it again in a few months.  Also, conventional wisdom here is to NOT check the spending capability with AMEX too frequently, as it could raise some red flags internally with them. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.