Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd CC Offer in My E-mail from USAA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odd CC Offer in My E-mail from USAA

@crunching_numbers wrote:

Trust those gut instincts. If it doesn't smell right, it most likely isn't. I agree with your decision to call. If it is a legit offer, then it will still be an offer on the phone.

As far as being an unemployed spouse, make sure any investment income is in your name. As a group, women need to lobby to get that law amended.  Many of us (not myself, but I still could have been in that group) have chose to stay at home either for child rearing or because a second income was not needed.  I also know a couple with the man at home with the kids, and the woman in the workforce. They need to fix this, IMHO.

The stock market crash of 2008-2009 took everything we had, including all our emergency funds. As I told the previous poster, we are the senior citizen poster-kids for RE-builders.  We built a good life for ourselves before and we are working on doing it again, little by little. We have no investments at this time but, thank God, my husband is still able to work and he's doing a great job of taking care of us. Smiley Happy  

Off I go now to call USAA and see about that suspicious e-mail.  I will report back what I find out!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odd CC Offer in My E-mail from USAA

Just got off the phone with USAA, and yes, the offer was totally bogus. They told me that they are constantly having to step up their security because the scammers are constantly getting better at fooling people. There is also a scam going on where someone will call on the telephone trying to sell USAA insurance products.  SO, beware of e-mail offers for credit and telphone calls trying to sell you insurance! 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.