score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Odd Denial for GE/Gap VISA CLI??

@LS2982 wrote:

@crosbyk1 wrote:
My amazon card is 10k.

Very nice!!! I'm hoping by end of next year mine can be around 4-5K

That's what I was hoping too Smiley Sad

Besides Cap1 it is my lowest limit by far.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 11 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@crosbyk1 wrote:
My amazon card is 10k.

What is your CL on Cap1? GE usually gives nice bumps for good usage!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 20
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:

"We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows".

I received a letter saying the same thing. I asked for $3000 on Amazon, they countered with $2500 (from $2380) so I said no. I don't really use the card as much anymore so it does not really matter. I'll just wait and see if it auto increases again.

Message 13 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

"We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows".

I received a letter saying the same thing. I asked for $3000 on Amazon, they countered with $2500 (from $2380) so I said no. I don't really use the card as much anymore so it does not really matter. I'll just wait and see if it auto increases again.

You declined a $2500CLI?? wow.....

You must have a great overall util.!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 20
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Lol no, a $2500 credit limit. I do have 1% utilisation though. I don't really spend that much.

Message 15 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Lol no, a $2500 credit limit. I do have 1% utilisation though. I don't really spend that much.

Smiley Surprised

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 20
score_building
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@crosbyk1 wrote:
My amazon card is 10k.

What is your CL on Cap1? GE usually gives nice bumps for good usage!

Have a low limit Cap1 (one of their non growers) with 750 CL.

GE has given nice bumps all along until a few months ago- started at 400 CL.

The 3k on AMZN just seemed a bit low, considering usage...also, CL on 2 other GE products are around 5 and 12.5k (and don't appear to have hit a cap yet.)

From where it started AMZN has grown a lot.

Was thinking of doing a 0 promo on a fridge but at 3k it would almost be maxed out. One good thing about Chase is was able move CL from a lesser used higher CL card to Chase AMZN Visa which sees quite a bit more action...wasn't about to take an HP from Chase for a CLI request and have them deny it again.

Message 17 of 20
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I'll give them a call tomorrow to see what's up... more out of curiosity than anything.  I don't really use the card that much at all but figured it would look good on my CBR.  I only have one other GE CC (Amazon) that has a $2700 limit which I use more.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 18 of 20
score_building
Senior Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:

I'll give them a call tomorrow to see what's up... more out of curiosity than anything.  I don't really use the card that much at all but figured it would look good on my CBR.  I only have one other GE CC (Amazon) that has a $2700 limit which I use more.

Let us know if they offer any insight into the cryptic denial phrasing, seems to be their way of indicating a card holder has reach some sort of cap.

Message 19 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

Let us know if they offer any insight into the cryptic denial phrasing, seems to be their way of indicating a card holder has reach some sort of cap.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.