Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Discover Reporting

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Odd Discover Reporting

As many of you know, I applied and did a BT for Discover in January. My first statement generated on 2/23 and it reported today to EQ. Well, it reported my balance but not the credit limit and went into "Other" not revolving.  Does this happen when you do a BT with Discover? In the Credit Line box it says N/A. What's also interesting is that, the date opened was 1/1/2012. I opened it later in the month...mid-January (not that I'm complaining). Also, last activity was 2/1/12 but statement generated on 2/23/12. Is something wrong? Do they report data based on 1st of each month? Any insight would be great.  Heck, if they don't put my CL I'll be happy....Note below:

DISCOVER FINANCIAL SVCS LL

Company/Account Name:DISCOVER FINANCIAL SVCS LL 
Company Address/Phone:PO Box 15316, Wilmington,  DE 198505316 
Account Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 
Date Opened:01/01/12
Last Activity:02/01/12
Type:Revolving or Option 
Rate/Status:Pays account as agreed
High Credit:N/A
Terms:N/A
Balance:$6,950
Past Due:N/A
Most Recent Date Reported:02/01/12
Comments on Account:Credit card , Amount in H/C column is credit limit
===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Odd Discover Reporting

@ArisGreek wrote:

As many of you know, I applied and did a BT for Discover in January. My first statement generated on 2/23 and it reported today to EQ. Well, it reported my balance but not the credit limit and went into "Other" not revolving.  Does this happen when you do a BT with Discover? In the Credit Line box it says N/A. What's also interesting is that, the date opened was 1/1/2012. I opened it later in the month...mid-January (not that I'm complaining). Also, last activity was 2/1/12 but statement generated on 2/23/12. Is something wrong? Do they report data based on 1st of each month? Any insight would be great.  Heck, if they don't put my CL I'll be happy....Note below:

DISCOVER FINANCIAL SVCS LL

Company/Account Name:DISCOVER FINANCIAL SVCS LL 
Company Address/Phone:PO Box 15316, Wilmington,  DE 198505316 
Account Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 
Date Opened:01/01/12
Last Activity:02/01/12
Type:Revolving or Option 
Rate/Status:Pays account as agreed
High Credit:N/A
Terms:N/A
Balance:$6,950
Past Due:N/A
Most Recent Date Reported:02/01/12
Comments on Account:Credit card , Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Not sure exactly if they have reported wrong but if it benefits you I would overlook it......

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Well this was in the alert info when the new account came in. I'm waiting for my other card to report a $0 balance before pulling a report. I just want to double check, but I wonder if they do this for BTs. Hmm...

===========
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ArisGreek wrote:

Well this was in the alert info when the new account came in. I'm waiting for my other card to report a $0 balance before pulling a report. I just want to double check, but I wonder if they do this for BTs. Hmm...

Is this TL factored into your overall utilization???

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I don't think so since there is no CL reporting notated on the alert. I'm not pulling a report until the other card reports. Generally, the CLs if a card has one appears on the alert. This did not.

===========
Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ArisGreek wrote:

I don't think so since there is no CL reporting notated on the alert. I'm not pulling a report until the other card reports. Generally, the CLs if a card has one appears on the alert. This did not.

That would be a big + if its not factoring in your overall utilization! Guess you'll have to wait and see!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.