Frequent Contributor
ArisGreek

Odd Discover Reporting

As many of you know, I applied and did a BT for Discover in January. My first statement generated on 2/23 and it reported today to EQ. Well, it reported my balance but not the credit limit and went into "Other" not revolving.  Does this happen when you do a BT with Discover? In the Credit Line box it says N/A. What's also interesting is that, the date opened was 1/1/2012. I opened it later in the month...mid-January (not that I'm complaining). Also, last activity was 2/1/12 but statement generated on 2/23/12. Is something wrong? Do they report data based on 1st of each month? Any insight would be great.  Heck, if they don't put my CL I'll be happy....Note below:

DISCOVER FINANCIAL SVCS LL

Company/Account Name:DISCOVER FINANCIAL SVCS LL 
Company Address/Phone:PO Box 15316, Wilmington,  DE 198505316 
Account Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 
Date Opened:01/01/12
Last Activity:02/01/12
Type:Revolving or Option 
Rate/Status:Pays account as agreed
High Credit:N/A
Terms:N/A
Balance:$6,950
Past Due:N/A
Most Recent Date Reported:02/01/12
Comments on Account:Credit card , Amount in H/C column is credit limit
===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Odd Discover Reporting

ArisGreek wrote:

As many of you know, I applied and did a BT for Discover in January. My first statement generated on 2/23 and it reported today to EQ. Well, it reported my balance but not the credit limit and went into "Other" not revolving.  Does this happen when you do a BT with Discover? In the Credit Line box it says N/A. What's also interesting is that, the date opened was 1/1/2012. I opened it later in the month...mid-January (not that I'm complaining). Also, last activity was 2/1/12 but statement generated on 2/23/12. Is something wrong? Do they report data based on 1st of each month? Any insight would be great.  Heck, if they don't put my CL I'll be happy....Note below:

DISCOVER FINANCIAL SVCS LL

Company/Account Name:DISCOVER FINANCIAL SVCS LL 
Company Address/Phone:PO Box 15316, Wilmington,  DE 198505316 
Account Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 
Date Opened:01/01/12
Last Activity:02/01/12
Type:Revolving or Option 
Rate/Status:Pays account as agreed
High Credit:N/A
Terms:N/A
Balance:$6,950
Past Due:N/A
Most Recent Date Reported:02/01/12
Comments on Account:Credit card , Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Not sure exactly if they have reported wrong but if it benefits you I would overlook it......

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
ArisGreek

Well this was in the alert info when the new account came in. I'm waiting for my other card to report a $0 balance before pulling a report. I just want to double check, but I wonder if they do this for BTs. Hmm...

===========
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Mega Contributor
LS2982

ArisGreek wrote:

Well this was in the alert info when the new account came in. I'm waiting for my other card to report a $0 balance before pulling a report. I just want to double check, but I wonder if they do this for BTs. Hmm...

Is this TL factored into your overall utilization???

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
ArisGreek

I don't think so since there is no CL reporting notated on the alert. I'm not pulling a report until the other card reports. Generally, the CLs if a card has one appears on the alert. This did not.

===========
Mega Contributor
LS2982

ArisGreek wrote:

I don't think so since there is no CL reporting notated on the alert. I'm not pulling a report until the other card reports. Generally, the CLs if a card has one appears on the alert. This did not.

That would be a big + if its not factoring in your overall utilization! Guess you'll have to wait and see!

Starting Score:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}