Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Discover reporting

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Odd Discover reporting

My Discover behavior has been weird also with EQ.

Mine reported on 1/18 $0 Balance (correct)
It reported a few days after with a balance (the balance it was before I PIF)
Then it reported again yesterday with the 0 balance again.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My due date is always the 1st and statement cuts on the 3rd every month. I thought a two day window was weird.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My due date is the 8th. I called discover a while ago to ask when they report my information to the bureaus and they said the 19th. I called a few days ago to see if I could have them report my information right after I paid down my balance in preparation for a new card application. This time they told me they report my information on the 13th. Seeing everyone else experience leads me to believe the person on the phone didn’t say that by mistake. 

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm about to call them, but I was also greeted by this: Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 4.07.53 PM.png

Will post back after talking...

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The two are unrelated. 

re: the image above

They said it appears one of the merchants we used a card at might have been compromised, so they issued the new card as a precaution. (Side note, he said I shouldn't have to do anything with Apple Pay, that it'll just switch over when I activate the new card.) 

re: the subject of the thread

They said the CRA has up to 30 days to report the info they are given by Discover and it appears Equifax just lagged on many of us. That's why it's just Equifax and why they're reporting the last (almost month old) statement balance now. I didn't think to ask if we knew if that was a one-off thing, but I'm pretty sure the answer would have been 'it's an Equifax thing, not a Disco thing..can't answer'. 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PandiferBear wrote:
Same happened here. My due date is the 11th, and closing date is the 16th, but I just got an alert today. It was for my last statement balance, which is different than my current balance.

Exact same for me. EQ alert, slight bump in score.

Message 16 of 19
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

I also got an EQ alert today. My due date, 14th. Report date, 19th.

4 point increase for 405% balance increase. $37 to $197.

Message 17 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Guess I'll see on Tuesday when CK updates for me.

@Discover2016 wrote:

So I take it that we have to re-learn when to pay off Discover to report a $0 balance?

No idea.  A single instance isn't necessarily indicative of a trend.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other weirdness this morning for me that is related to Discover. This may be because of the new account number/potential account compromise so may be unique to me, but I figure I'll ask. 

I got a TU alert today that score went up/balance went down. The amount it went down is the amount on my last Discover statement. I'm thinking I'll probably get another alert tomorrow that my score has gone down and balance has gone up by that same amount. Or, in a week or so when my statement closes, it'll show up then. 

Anyone else with TU/Disco weirdness? 

(Trying to decide if I should app for Fidelity Visa with this 24pt bump on TU...)

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.