Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Reason for CLI Denial

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Odd Reason for CLI Denial

I recently tried for a CLI on a JCrew card that is stuck at $250.  I tried the automated phone system that some have seemed to have success with recently.  Declined, but no biggie as it was a SP.  But just got the letter today, and it listed 3 denial reasons.

1.  High utilization - understood

2.  Length of credit history - understood, although AAoA is around 2 1/2 years, short but not really short

3.  Something about could not verify credit bureau information - No idea what this means.  Pulled EQ I believe.  I shouldn't have let my 9 month old get a hold of the letter LOL. 

What does this mean exactly?  Nothing is frozen on my end, When I checked my annual report in December of last year, the address and all personal info was correct and I haven't changed anything or moved.  Anyone got any idea?  I am thinking this may be why I am not getting some of the pop-ups(although I did get a few), maybe why the pre-approval sites are not working and so forth (although I know this is probably not true).

Just wondering if anyone may have an idea of what this means exactly, as I have seen denial letters and it is usually the "standard" stuff, but these 3 are new for me at least LOL. 

Thanks for any and all help - And mods please feel free to move this to the appropriate forum if this one is incorrect.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.