Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd account activity with Citi DC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odd account activity with Citi DC

FYI I am hopefully in the process of a credit limit increase on my citi DC (opened July 2015 at 2400, sp CLI to 3800 month or two ago).  After having great success in getting my partners card increased from 11k to 13k, then doing the request more option, it offered 16k, and after a phone call was offered the full 20k as requested with no HP. I called last monday so we will see what happens. I asked for 15k to match my Amex and BOA. The rep said that was not unreasonable.

Anyway today I see online that a new card is being mailed to me with the same numbers? Ahh ok, weird?  Maybe somehow they are giving me a world elite, but I think it would be different numbers.

And then today a letter comes that says "Are you still interested in increasing your credit limit?  When you requested an increase in your limit for your citi card in august we may have declined your request in error. Please call us if you are interested in increasing the limit."

My mind is thinking that this is part of the wheels being set in motion from the higher ups to get the request approved. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odd account activity with Citi DC

Interesting! Sounds like you'll get a cli and a WEMC.

Message 2 of 21
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI I am hopefully in the process of a credit limit increase on my citi DC (opened July 2015 at 2400, sp CLI to 3800 month or two ago).  After having great success in getting my partners card increased from 11k to 13k, then doing the request more option, it offered 16k, and after a phone call was offered the full 20k as requested with no HP. I called last monday so we will see what happens. I asked for 15k to match my Amex and BOA. The rep said that was not unreasonable.

Anyway today I see online that a new card is being mailed to me with the same numbers? Ahh ok, weird?  Maybe somehow they are giving me a world elite, but I think it would be different numbers.

And then today a letter comes that says "Are you still interested in increasing your credit limit?  When you requested an increase in your limit for your citi card in august we may have declined your request in error. Please call us if you are interested in increasing the limit."

My mind is thinking that this is part of the wheels being set in motion from the higher ups to get the request approved. Thoughts?

I have this same issue!  Noticed it last night a few hours after my SP CLI request was approved.  I thought maybe it had something to do with it as well.  Here's to hoping it's a WEMC! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they are sending you a new card too? Weird.... 

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got the same message when I logged in earlier...I don't remember ordering one.

Message 5 of 21
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Got the same message when I logged in earlier...I don't remember ordering one.

Hm, this is really weird.  Have you done or changed anything on your Citi account recently?  Just trying to find some common denominators... Smiley Frustrated

All I can say is, it better not just be a website glitch.  That would be such a tease.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the same Alert in my online banking. That they were sending a new card that I didn't request. Turns out it was the WEMC upgrade.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

"We were unable to approve your full request, but we were able to approve a partial one at $10k available immediately"  WOW

The person did address my concern of the other changes, and said I was upgraged to WEMC.  It was done automatically?? I said wow ok, its been a few months since I asked about that.  I still doubt this one is real, I thought WEMCs had a different account number?

And....guess who didnt have a credit bureau pulled?! ?!

Citi, you have done it again.  Now I cant wait for Feb/Mar 2017 to see how generous they are with an APR reduction.

Now I am VERY tempted to go and apply for a Chase AARP card LOL

Message 8 of 21
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Great news!! Congrats!!!!

Message 9 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

jfriend congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.