cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd denial letter for CLI request for Walmart after instant CLI granted by phone

Regular Contributor

Odd denial letter for CLI request for Walmart after instant CLI granted by phone

A week ago, I called GE Capital and requested a CLI for my Walmart card I from 5k to 10k  and instant approval!  Today, I received a letter from GE Capital stating that they could not grant my CLI due to too many new accounts and heavy use of revolving credit. My current utilization is 28% spread accross 4 cards out of 12 (8 cards at 0%). I immediately went online today and saw that my Walmart CLI is still at 10k.  Has anything like this happened to anyone else?  My FICO scores took major hits  a few months ago after a major appication spree and utilization went from 4% increased to 36% (needed to help family member out) My FICO scores are now around 700 each.

Thanks

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
4 REPLIES
Moderator Emerita

Re: Odd denial letter for CLI request for Walmart after instant CLI granted by phone

Regular Contributor

Re: Odd denial letter for CLI request for Walmart after instant CLI granted by phone

No, I just called and spoke directly with someone who put me hold for less than 1 minute.  The lady came back with an instant approval and then she asked if there was anything else that she could do for me. 

Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Moderator Emerita

Odd but then again it is GE. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Congrats on your CLI.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much.  I was going to call about it then I decided to not to out of fear. I am going to assume that the CLI stands as it is.  Thanks againSmiley Happy