Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd letter from AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odd letter from AMEX

I recently was approved for an SPG AMEX for 10K SL. I got the approval instantly online and email as well. I got the "your card has been mailed" email yesterday.  Today I just got a letter in the mail saying this...

"Thank you for your application for the SPG Credit Card. We'ere writing to let you know that we're unable to approve this request. The reason for our decision is that you have reached your max number and type of Cards that we will approved within the period of a few months. Please know that your prior application has been approved and your card has been sent to you"....then it starts talking about once I recieve the card to confirm online to start using instantly.

I applied for the 100k AMEX Platinum and recived the card in August.

Is this letter a mess up or am I reading it wrong? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odd letter from AMEX

Strange indeed.  Perhaps, Amex was giving you a heads up on not to attempt a CLI when your new card is activated? But strange.  I'd call them and see if there is an explanation for such a letter.  If you do call, report back as I am curious as well...

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the online assistance - "Please be double rest assured that card has been approved and linked to your online account"

Weird. Maybe the letter was just a mess up?

Message 3 of 7
thummel
Established Contributor

Sounds Like something got messed up. Thats Pretty Strange.. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the computer glitched and duplicated your app in the system. As long as you got your card I wouldn't worry. 

Message 5 of 7
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Did you by chance happen to hit a refresh or back button after submitting the app?
Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@TrialByFire wrote:
Did you by chance happen to hit a refresh or back button after submitting the app?

+1  Somehow your app was duplicated, either through user action or some backend error.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.