Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oddity in Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oddity in Credit Report

I checked my free Annual TransUnion Credit Report (https://www.annualcreditreport.com) recently and found that for my Discover card the amount paid is not being reported. My Citi card and others seems to show it correctly for some months but it also seems to report incorrectly for some. I pay off everything each month on my statement much before the due date.

Should I pull up my free Experian and Equifax report as well ? Generally I spread the retrieval across the year.

Is this normal or do I need to call them up ?

Thanks..

I'm adding the screen shots below:

Discover: mod cut

Citi:mod cut

mod cut- video links in images

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Oddity in Credit Report

Thats odd, i know for some of my cards it only shows the some of the balance being paid even though it was PIF. Like my cap1 card reports only like the min. being paid but shows the balance as 0 or whatever the amount i paid down to. I dont think it will affect anything since it shows the balance lowering. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 5
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Might be worth a call. Errors do happen though.

FWIW, AMEX has never reported the amount paid on my reports. So this practice is not unheard of,

question: has Discover reported on previous reports pulled?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to both of you for your inputs. I guess a call wouldn't harm.

I don't remember if they used to report in previous years (I'll update this thread once I get back home). To be honest I used to skim through seeing the green OK. It's only since this year I've started looking at all financial things with a fine-tooth comb Smiley Mad

Well I plan to make the most of this place now that I am here Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
elegia
New Contributor

Mine isn't either! I only noticed by chance when I saw a Credit Karma message about it, and confirmed that it's not reporting balance history on my EX report.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.