Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

I recently pulled my scores and report from freescore because I was curious at where I stood. I know their scores aren't true Fico scores, but I was wondering what you guys think my odds are. I think its time to add a new card, and I want to diversify with an Amex, as well as boost my score with more revolving accts. FYI, I went onto the Amex website and did the pre-approved/pre-screened offers thing, and they have three card offers for me: Blue Sky, Delta Miles Gold, and the regular Amex Blue, but I don't want those. They have also previously sent me pre-screened offers in the mail for the Green, Gold and Zync Cards.

Income: 32K

AAoA: 3yrs 4m, but longest card open is my Visa - 4yrs 5m

3 Hard inquiries on Equifax only from 09/10

Never missed any payments, and all on time. No baddies ever.

Only have 2 credit cards. One with Macy's $0 balance and I never use it, CL of $100 and Visa with my Credit Union balance of $905, CL of $4k   My over all Utilization is about 22%. Also, I've carried a balance on my Visa for quite a while, but will be paying the current balance off in full next month. I don't intend on carrying a balance any more.

TU: 710 EX: 702 EQ: 695 - Scores according to Freescore.com

*Edit* I pulled my EQ on myFico and its 751!

To all that answer me, I appreciate your input. Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 215
214 REPLIES 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

I would say quite high. I dont believe freescore.com has true FICO scores. Even so, your AAoA with UTI is quite good. Check preapprovals first as they ofter change with each website visit. If none are there then you can apply for the card.

Best of luck.

Message 2 of 215
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently pulled my scores and report from freescore because I was curious at where I stood. I know their scores aren't true Fico scores, but I was wondering what you guys think my odds are. I think its time to add a new card, and I want to diversify with an Amex, as well as boost my score with more revolving accts. FYI, I went onto the Amex website and did the pre-approved/pre-screened offers thing, and they have three card offers for me: Blue Sky, Delta Miles Gold, and the regular Amex Blue, but I don't want those. They have also previously sent me pre-screened offers in the mail for the Green, Gold and Zync Cards.

Income: 32K

AAoA: 3yrs 4m, but longest card open is my Visa - 4yrs 5m

3 Hard inquiries on Equifax only from 09/10

Never missed any payments, and all on time. No baddies ever.

Only have 2 credit cards. One with Macy's $0 balance and I never use it, CL of $100 and Visa with my Credit Union balance of $905, CL of $4k   My over all Utilization is about 22%. Also, I've carried a balance on my Visa for quite a while, but will be paying the current balance off in full next month. I don't intend on carrying a balance any more.

TU: 710 EX: 702 EQ: 695 - Scores according to Freescore.com

To all that answer me, I appreciate your input. Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy

I would get your util. down to around 5% and app for it. How many INQ's and are any recent on EX?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did check the pre-approvals, but they are for the Delta Sky Miles, Blue Sky and Regular Blue Card. I'm not interested in those, unfortunately. Thank you for answering me.

Message 4 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 inquiries only on Equifax from Sep of 2010. None on TransUnion or Experian.

Message 5 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did check the pre-approvals, but they are for the Delta Sky Miles, Blue Sky and Regular Blue Card. I'm not interested in those, unfortunately. Thank you for answering me.

If there offering you any type of blue, it would be my guess that they would be ok with issuing you blue cash. You never ultimately know until you pull the trigger.

Message 6 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I should wait until next month? I should have my cards all paid off by then.

Message 7 of 215
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you think I should wait until next month? I should have my cards all paid off by then.

I don't think you need to wait, you should be fine now for it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 215
Open123
Super Contributor

You'd likely be approved now for the BCE.

But, if you lower utility to less than 10%, the odds go up.  Either way, I think you'll be approved.

Message 9 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if they require proof of income?

Message 10 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.