You guys are making me antsy haha I just might do it Smiley LOL

Message 41 of 215
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck!

Unless you have a mortgage or big loan coming up, there's little downside to apping for it.  

Message 42 of 215
INFINITI2010
Established Member

30 days is the norm. And I know what you mean about being impatient! I,ve been so anxious about getting my score back up! I was at 677 before I got my car in Oct and it dropped to 625...kinda sucks but thats the credit see-saw. Goes up til you make a 35k purchase then it takes a temporary nosedive .lol. But hang in there and 30 days wil zoom by.
INFINITI10
Message 43 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck!

Unless you have a mortgage or big loan coming up, there's little downside to apping for it.  

No, I don't have any of those in mind at least for 6 months or more.

Message 44 of 215
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck!

No, I don't have any of those in mind at least for 6 months or more.

Then what's holding you back?

I wasn't going to app until I read a post from Revelate that made perfect sense to me. I was going to wait until Sept/Oct and said screw it, I'll app on Friday night and keep my bottle of wine at the ready.

Lo and behold, I bragged on Saturday to my DGF about how she might have 13 CC's, but I'm the one with the AMEX.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 45 of 215
INFINITI2010
Established Member

I mean since you,re already over 700 with EX I doubt they,ll deny you. I know for a fact they pull EX.
INFINITI10
Message 46 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so I applied....

"Thank you for applying for the Blue Cash EverydaySM from American Express. Your application has been received and will be processed as soon as possible and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days. Thank you for applying."
I went to the section on the site where you can check to see if you're approved or not and it says "IN PROGRESS"
Wish me luck!
Message 47 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck!!!

Message 48 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay so I applied....

"Thank you for applying for the Blue Cash EverydaySM from American Express. Your application has been received and will be processed as soon as possible and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days. Thank you for applying."
I went to the section on the site where you can check to see if you're approved or not and it says "IN PROGRESS"
Wish me luck!

I got that message when I applied for the Blue about a week ago, was approved the next morning.  Good luck.

Message 49 of 215
Open123
Super Contributor

Check the status often, and I'll bet you'll see "approved" before the night is over.

Message 50 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.