Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I'm just getting delirious from staring at the "in progess" screen Smiley Indifferent

Its bad isnt it? I get it for around 3 days before I finally get to talk to someone to approve me.

Message 71 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I think I'll just have to wait until the morning. I'm going to call it a night folks, I've gotta get up early for work. I shall return with my results! Thanks to everyone that's chimed in.

Message 72 of 215
FrugalRican
Blogger

Aw damn, when I applied, it was almost immediate when I checked the status online, probably has to do with it being a Sunday and late.

I'm sure it's good news come tomorrow.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 73 of 215
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I think I'll just have to wait until the morning. I'm going to call it a night folks, I've gotta get up early for work. I shall return with my results! Thanks to everyone that's chimed in.

Good plan, Amex most likely is down to a skeleton crew on Sundays anyway vis a vis pretty much every financial services company on the planet.

For credit card approvals, customers are generally amenable to waiting a bit, so it doesn't surprise me you haven't gotten a response yet regardless of how qualified an application you are if the computer doesn't automagically approve you.

Open: ah, you can have what remains of my central coast Cali wine collection if you want, though I suspect they're all likewise long in the tooth at this point.  One or two whites in there I know I have to throw away, though like you and your Bordeaux (which has a better chance of being drinkable} I'll probably try them for giggles to see if they're salvagable. It's a good week for that for me.

        
Message 74 of 215
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Fingers crossed for you Jane!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 75 of 215
GoingTo800
Contributor

Good luck!
Equifax Feb 2012 690
TU Feb 2012 720
Message 76 of 215
FrugalRican
Blogger

Jane, you're slacking. Where's the update?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 77 of 215
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Jane, you're slacking. Where's the update?

Right...those of us in the garden are living vicariously through others approvals. I need to see one a day or it doesn't feel right. Smiley Happy.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 78 of 215
JaneS1123445
Contributor

Well people, I locked myself out of my original account, so I had to make another. My status is still "in progress", so I called them up and the rep I spoke to said my application was already processed, but that it was being looked at manually, and that I should check again in 48-72 hours. Has this every happened to anyone?

Message 79 of 215
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Well the good news so far is you didn't get instantly denied so there's still hope!  Smiley Happy

Message 80 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.