Contributor

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

LS2982 wrote:

Idiotsavant wrote:

JaneS1123445 wrote:

Guess what I received in the mail today? :smileyhappy: It's so beautiful *stares* Just FYI, my stripe is boring grey lol

Awe congratulations!  The stripe may be boring, but doesn't it feel amazing to hold it in your hands?

I thought it was amazing looking at someone else holding it in their hands :smileyvery-happy:

Yes, it is amazing to hold. I was like this >>>>>:smileysurprised::smileyvery-happy:

Regular Contributor

Congratulations JaneS1123445

While I was reading this thread, I felt the suspense as well.... lol.

Happy for you! Welcome to the AMEX family.  What's your next target? :smileyvery-happy:

My TL : BCE AMEX 24k / BoA123 Sig 24k / Home Depot 16.5 K / CSP 16.5k / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Discover 13.5k / Citi World WEMC12.8k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 10K / Freedom 10k / Citi AA 9.1k / Macy's Store 3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / AE 1.4k / Express 1.4K/
Contributor

cutemarty1 wrote:

Happy for you! Welcome to the AMEX family.  What's your next target? :smileyvery-happy:

cutemarty1 wrote:

I think I want a car now lol but I'll be waiting until next year for that.

New Visitor

The biggest part of the AMEX equation is income. I had terrible credit in college. Multiple charge offs etc. My credit score 5 years ago was 502 528 and 506. I got through medical school and my income as a physician shot up to $90k (income plus investments and research grants) and my score has improved to mid 600s. I applied for an AMEX blue cash for fun and was approved. Not sure of the limit yet. When I applied I was only using about 10% of my credit and I think that plus the income is what helped me get it. I have also been approved for AMEX gold, Citi simpliciti, and Chase Freedom, all with generous Credit Limits

[ Edited ]

I received a mail offer to apply to the Blue Cash Everyday by 9/16/2014 if I want to receive the $250 bonus if I spend a $1000 within 3 months. I have some questions:

1) I bought a new car in March and as a result I have a new loan and inquiry (two actually, but they should count as one). Does this matter to AMEX much?

2) My overall utilization to my credit cards is about 30%, I plan to bring it down to 25% before applying, nevertheless, I will still have 4 of my cards at around 50% of utilization. That's the only thing hurting my credit some. However, I don't want to pay them down much more because they are on 0% BT deals.

Credit karma (TU) gives me a score of 752 (it should go back to 771 once I reduce the utilization in a couple of the cards). Discover gives me a score of 758

Credit sesame (experian) gives me a score of 718, used it be 729 before upping the utilization in one of the cards, it used to be 766 before the car loan.

Quizzle (Equifax) gives me a score of 704, 738 before letting a couple of cards to carry a higher balance, it should definatelly come back to 724+ once I zero my revolving cards.

Given the above, if apply on the 9/16/2014 (deadline for the bonus; give some time for the credit reports to update) what do you think are my odds of approval? The main thing I care is waisting a hard pull.

3) Do you think that there is a way to get the bonus if I wait after 9/16/2014?

I was not planning to apply for credit any time soon, but this offer is very nice and I do not have an amex. I currently have discover IT (6500 limit), Citi Diamond (10000), Capital One (2 accounts 5000 each), Chase Freedom (3000), Chase Slate (4000) and Bank of American Amex (former MBNA) (1300 & 6300). The car loan is with honda financial and started at 31k ish, and will be down to 28k ish by 9/16. My total individual income is about 69k.

Any comments will be welcomed

Thanks 

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.