Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

tag
JaneS1123445
Contributor

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JaneS1123445 wrote:

Guess what I received in the mail today? Smiley Happy It's so beautiful *stares* Just FYI, my stripe is boring grey lol

Awe congratulations!  The stripe may be boring, but doesn't it feel amazing to hold it in your hands?

I thought it was amazing looking at someone else holding it in their hands Smiley Very Happy

Yes, it is amazing to hold. I was like this >>>>>Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

Message 211 of 215
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Congratulations JaneS1123445

While I was reading this thread, I felt the suspense as well.... lol.

Happy for you! Welcome to the AMEX family.  What's your next target? Smiley Very Happy

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 212 of 215
JaneS1123445
Contributor

@cutemarty1 wrote:

Happy for you! Welcome to the AMEX family.  What's your next target? Smiley Very Happy

@cutemarty1 wrote:

I think I want a car now lol but I'll be waiting until next year for that.

Message 213 of 215
zwmack

The biggest part of the AMEX equation is income. I had terrible credit in college. Multiple charge offs etc. My credit score 5 years ago was 502 528 and 506. I got through medical school and my income as a physician shot up to $90k (income plus investments and research grants) and my score has improved to mid 600s. I applied for an AMEX blue cash for fun and was approved. Not sure of the limit yet. When I applied I was only using about 10% of my credit and I think that plus the income is what helped me get it. I have also been approved for AMEX gold, Citi simpliciti, and Chase Freedom, all with generous Credit Limits

Message 214 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a mail offer to apply to the Blue Cash Everyday by 9/16/2014 if I want to receive the $250 bonus if I spend a $1000 within 3 months. I have some questions:

1) I bought a new car in March and as a result I have a new loan and inquiry (two actually, but they should count as one). Does this matter to AMEX much?

2) My overall utilization to my credit cards is about 30%, I plan to bring it down to 25% before applying, nevertheless, I will still have 4 of my cards at around 50% of utilization. That's the only thing hurting my credit some. However, I don't want to pay them down much more because they are on 0% BT deals.

Credit karma (TU) gives me a score of 752 (it should go back to 771 once I reduce the utilization in a couple of the cards). Discover gives me a score of 758

Credit sesame (experian) gives me a score of 718, used it be 729 before upping the utilization in one of the cards, it used to be 766 before the car loan.

Quizzle (Equifax) gives me a score of 704, 738 before letting a couple of cards to carry a higher balance, it should definatelly come back to 724+ once I zero my revolving cards.

Given the above, if apply on the 9/16/2014 (deadline for the bonus; give some time for the credit reports to update) what do you think are my odds of approval? The main thing I care is waisting a hard pull.

3) Do you think that there is a way to get the bonus if I wait after 9/16/2014?

I was not planning to apply for credit any time soon, but this offer is very nice and I do not have an amex. I currently have discover IT (6500 limit), Citi Diamond (10000), Capital One (2 accounts 5000 each), Chase Freedom (3000), Chase Slate (4000) and Bank of American Amex (former MBNA) (1300 & 6300). The car loan is with honda financial and started at 31k ish, and will be down to 28k ish by 9/16. My total individual income is about 69k.

Any comments will be welcomed

Thanks 

Message 215 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.