Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

@Open123 wrote:

You'd likely be approved now for the BCE.

But, if you lower utility to less than 10%, the odds go up.  Either way, I think you'll be approved.

This also true, so if you can hold off the better.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 215
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know if they require proof of income?

No, only time they want that is if they F/R you.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'll wait until my accounts are on $0 balance next month, that way my Credit Scores go up, and my report looks better overall. I'm not in a hurry to get a card, but would most certainly like one asap. It's like waiting for christmas lol

Edit* I'll come back and post on here when I do apply and let you guys know if I got approved/denied, and all the juicy details. Smiley Wink Oh, and thank you all!

Message 13 of 215
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, but if they suspect you have no income, then they are by law required to ask you for proof of income.  For AmEx, it'll be the 4506T return from the IRS.

If you have employment history with at least several years of tax returns filed, then I doubt they'll ask you to prove it. 

Message 14 of 215
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, but if they suspect you have no income, then they are by law required to ask you for proof of income.  For AmEx, it'll be the 4506T return from the IRS.

If you have employment history with at least several years of tax returns filed, then I doubt they'll ask you to prove it. 

Just try to be off the radar with them for the first year (i.e: create a moderate spending pattern and keep with the flow)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been employed with my current job about 4 yrs and before that 3 yrs at a previous job, so I do have consistent tax returns on file.

Just try to be off the radar with them for the first year (i.e: create a moderate spending pattern and keep with the flow)

I intend to use it for gas primarily. Maybe 200 bucks a month or so. I don't think they would care too much about that amount, and pay off in full each month.

Message 16 of 215
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been employed with my current job about 4 yrs and before that 3 yrs at a previous job, so I do have consistent tax returns on file.

I intend to use it for gas primarily. Maybe 200 bucks a month or so. I don't think they would care too much about that amount, and pay off in full each month.

No not at all. Some members here have reported getting an F/R for big spending. You should be fine.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 215
boomhower
Valued Contributor

If they are offering Blue then BCE shouldn't be an issue.  But by waiting until your UT is even lower can only improve your odds.

Message 18 of 215
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently pulled my scores and report from freescore because I was curious at where I stood. I know their scores aren't true Fico scores, but I was wondering what you guys think my odds are. I think its time to add a new card, and I want to diversify with an Amex, as well as boost my score with more revolving accts. FYI, I went onto the Amex website and did the pre-approved/pre-screened offers thing, and they have three card offers for me: Blue Sky, Delta Miles Gold, and the regular Amex Blue, but I don't want those. They have also previously sent me pre-screened offers in the mail for the Green, Gold and Zync Cards.

Income: 32K

AAoA: 3yrs 4m, but longest card open is my Visa - 4yrs 5m

3 Hard inquiries on Equifax only from 09/10

Never missed any payments, and all on time. No baddies ever.

Only have 2 credit cards. One with Macy's $0 balance and I never use it, CL of $100 and Visa with my Credit Union balance of $905, CL of $4k   My over all Utilization is about 22%. Also, I've carried a balance on my Visa for quite a while, but will be paying the current balance off in full next month. I don't intend on carrying a balance any more.

TU: 710 EX: 702 EQ: 695 - Scores according to Freescore.com

To all that answer me, I appreciate your input. Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy

I just applied for the BCE on Friday, my numbers parallel yours, almost.

My income sits at 30K.

At the time, I had 2 credit cards, my MBNA and my Chase Freedom.

Overall UTIL at time of app as per my credit report of 2/16 was 28%.

I was offered the Green, Gold, and Zync at the time of putting in my pre-approval.

AAOA is longer though, and my EQ was higher.

AAOA was 6 years, EQ was 743. Only 1 INQ at the time, which was Chase Freedom from 7 months prior.

Was approved with 9.5K credit line.

Hope this info helps a bit.

Good luck.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 19 of 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently pulled my scores and report from freescore because I was curious at where I stood. I know their scores aren't true Fico scores, but I was wondering what you guys think my odds are. I think its time to add a new card, and I want to diversify with an Amex, as well as boost my score with more revolving accts. FYI, I went onto the Amex website and did the pre-approved/pre-screened offers thing, and they have three card offers for me: Blue Sky, Delta Miles Gold, and the regular Amex Blue, but I don't want those. They have also previously sent me pre-screened offers in the mail for the Green, Gold and Zync Cards.

Income: 32K

AAoA: 3yrs 4m, but longest card open is my Visa - 4yrs 5m

3 Hard inquiries on Equifax only from 09/10

Never missed any payments, and all on time. No baddies ever.

Only have 2 credit cards. One with Macy's $0 balance and I never use it, CL of $100 and Visa with my Credit Union balance of $905, CL of $4k   My over all Utilization is about 22%. Also, I've carried a balance on my Visa for quite a while, but will be paying the current balance off in full next month. I don't intend on carrying a balance any more.

TU: 710 EX: 702 EQ: 695 - Scores according to Freescore.com

To all that answer me, I appreciate your input. Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy

I just applied for the BCE on Friday, my numbers parallel yours, almost.

My income sits at 30K.

At the time, I had 2 credit cards, my MBNA and my Chase Freedom.

Overall UTIL at time of app as per my credit report of 2/16 was 28%.

I was offered the Green, Gold, and Zync at the time of putting in my pre-approval.

AAOA is longer though, and my EQ was higher.

AAOA was 6 years, EQ was 743. Only 1 INQ at the time, which was Chase Freedom from 7 months prior.

Was approved with 9.5K credit line.

Hope this info helps a bit.

Good luck.

I just pulled my EQ Fico from myFico and its 751...way higher than the score I got from freescore, a mere 695. BIG difference.  Do you know which Credit Bureau they use to approve?

Message 20 of 215
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.