Reply
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday


Open123 wrote:

You'd likely be approved now for the BCE.

 

But, if you lower utility to less than 10%, the odds go up.  Either way, I think you'll be approved.



This also true, so if you can hold off the better.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday


JaneS123445 wrote:

Do you know if they require proof of income?


No, only time they want that is if they F/R you.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
New Visitor
JaneS123445
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎03-04-2012
0

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

[ Edited ]

I think I'll wait until my accounts are on $0 balance next month, that way my Credit Scores go up, and my report looks better overall. I'm not in a hurry to get a card, but would most certainly like one asap. It's like waiting for christmas lol

 

Edit* I'll come back and post on here when I do apply and let you guys know if I got approved/denied, and all the juicy details. :smileywink: Oh, and thank you all!

Senior Contributor
Open123
Posts: 4,155
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday


JaneS123445 wrote:

Do you know if they require proof of income?


No, but if they suspect you have no income, then they are by law required to ask you for proof of income.  For AmEx, it'll be the 4506T return from the IRS.

 

If you have employment history with at least several years of tax returns filed, then I doubt they'll ask you to prove it. 

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday


Open123 wrote:

JaneS123445 wrote:

Do you know if they require proof of income?


No, but if they suspect you have no income, then they are by law required to ask you for proof of income.  For AmEx, it'll be the 4506T return from the IRS.

 

If you have employment history with at least several years of tax returns filed, then I doubt they'll ask you to prove it. 


Just try to be off the radar with them for the first year (i.e: create a moderate spending pattern and keep with the flow)




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
New Visitor
JaneS123445
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎03-04-2012
0

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday


LS2982 wrote:

Open123 wrote:

JaneS123445 wrote:

Do you know if they require proof of income?


No, but if they suspect you have no income, then they are by law required to ask you for proof of income.  For AmEx, it'll be the 4506T return from the IRS.

 

If you have employment history with at least several years of tax returns filed, then I doubt they'll ask you to prove it. 

 

I have been employed with my current job about 4 yrs and before that 3 yrs at a previous job, so I do have consistent tax returns on file.


Just try to be off the radar with them for the first year (i.e: create a moderate spending pattern and keep with the flow)


I intend to use it for gas primarily. Maybe 200 bucks a month or so. I don't think they would care too much about that amount, and pay off in full each month.

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday


JaneS123445 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Open123 wrote:

JaneS123445 wrote:

Do you know if they require proof of income?


No, but if they suspect you have no income, then they are by law required to ask you for proof of income.  For AmEx, it'll be the 4506T return from the IRS.

 

If you have employment history with at least several years of tax returns filed, then I doubt they'll ask you to prove it. 

 

I have been employed with my current job about 4 yrs and before that 3 yrs at a previous job, so I do have consistent tax returns on file.


Just try to be off the radar with them for the first year (i.e: create a moderate spending pattern and keep with the flow)


I intend to use it for gas primarily. Maybe 200 bucks a month or so. I don't think they would care too much about that amount, and pay off in full each month.


No not at all. Some members here have reported getting an F/R for big spending. You should be fine.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
boomhower
Posts: 1,863
Registered: ‎09-20-2011
0

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

If they are offering Blue then BCE shouldn't be an issue.  But by waiting until your UT is even lower can only improve your odds.

Blogger
FrugalRican
Posts: 2,876
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday


JaneS123445 wrote:

I recently pulled my scores and report from freescore because I was curious at where I stood. I know their scores aren't true Fico scores, but I was wondering what you guys think my odds are. I think its time to add a new card, and I want to diversify with an Amex, as well as boost my score with more revolving accts. FYI, I went onto the Amex website and did the pre-approved/pre-screened offers thing, and they have three card offers for me: Blue Sky, Delta Miles Gold, and the regular Amex Blue, but I don't want those. They have also previously sent me pre-screened offers in the mail for the Green, Gold and Zync Cards.

 

Age: 27

Income: 32K

AAoA: 3yrs 4m, but longest card open is my Visa - 4yrs 5m

3 Hard inquiries on Equifax only from 09/10

Never missed any payments, and all on time. No baddies ever.

Only have 2 credit cards. One with Macy's $0 balance and I never use it, CL of $100 and Visa with my Credit Union balance of $905, CL of $4k   My over all Utilization is about 22%. Also, I've carried a balance on my Visa for quite a while, but will be paying the current balance off in full next month. I don't intend on carrying a balance any more.

 

TU: 710 EX: 702 EQ: 695 - Scores according to Freescore.com

 

To all that answer me, I appreciate your input. Thank you in advance! :smileyhappy:



I just applied for the BCE on Friday, my numbers parallel yours, almost.

 

My income sits at 30K.

At the time, I had 2 credit cards, my MBNA and my Chase Freedom.

Overall UTIL at time of app as per my credit report of 2/16 was 28%.

I was offered the Green, Gold, and Zync at the time of putting in my pre-approval.

AAOA is longer though, and my EQ was higher.

AAOA was 6 years, EQ was 743. Only 1 INQ at the time, which was Chase Freedom from 7 months prior.

Was approved with 9.5K credit line.

 

Hope this info helps a bit.

Good luck.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com


EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

New Visitor
JaneS123445
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎03-04-2012
0

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday


FrugalRican wrote:

JaneS123445 wrote:

I recently pulled my scores and report from freescore because I was curious at where I stood. I know their scores aren't true Fico scores, but I was wondering what you guys think my odds are. I think its time to add a new card, and I want to diversify with an Amex, as well as boost my score with more revolving accts. FYI, I went onto the Amex website and did the pre-approved/pre-screened offers thing, and they have three card offers for me: Blue Sky, Delta Miles Gold, and the regular Amex Blue, but I don't want those. They have also previously sent me pre-screened offers in the mail for the Green, Gold and Zync Cards.

 

Age: 27

Income: 32K

AAoA: 3yrs 4m, but longest card open is my Visa - 4yrs 5m

3 Hard inquiries on Equifax only from 09/10

Never missed any payments, and all on time. No baddies ever.

Only have 2 credit cards. One with Macy's $0 balance and I never use it, CL of $100 and Visa with my Credit Union balance of $905, CL of $4k   My over all Utilization is about 22%. Also, I've carried a balance on my Visa for quite a while, but will be paying the current balance off in full next month. I don't intend on carrying a balance any more.

 

TU: 710 EX: 702 EQ: 695 - Scores according to Freescore.com

 

To all that answer me, I appreciate your input. Thank you in advance! :smileyhappy:



I just applied for the BCE on Friday, my numbers parallel yours, almost.

 

My income sits at 30K.

At the time, I had 2 credit cards, my MBNA and my Chase Freedom.

Overall UTIL at time of app as per my credit report of 2/16 was 28%.

I was offered the Green, Gold, and Zync at the time of putting in my pre-approval.

AAOA is longer though, and my EQ was higher.

AAOA was 6 years, EQ was 743. Only 1 INQ at the time, which was Chase Freedom from 7 months prior.

Was approved with 9.5K credit line.

 

Hope this info helps a bit.

Good luck.


I just pulled my EQ Fico from myFico and its 751...way higher than the score I got from freescore, a mere 695. BIG difference.  Do you know which Credit Bureau they use to approve?


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}