Senior Contributor
Open123

Re: Odds at Getting Approved for Amex Blue Cash Everyday

With me and everyone I know here they've ONLY ever pulled Ex.  

Contributor
Linuss

Brand new to Amex and they only pulled EX.

You'll get it, just apply now.  

Established Contributor
jimbo831

Let us know what happens when you app.  And from my limited reading here, you should have no problem getting an approval with that credit profile.  If I were you I would've already applied, but then again, I'm super impatient and maybe not the model to follow.

Gardening with: PSECU Combo $1k, Chase Freedom $3.5k, Discover It $1.7k, Amex Costco True Earnings $2k, Capital One Platinum $500, Best Buy Store Card $2.7k

Starting Score: FICO: 587 EX, 594 EQ, 632 TU, 2/15/12; USAA FAKO: 525 EX, 541 EQ, 525 TU, 2/15/12
Current Score: FICO: 678 EX, 629 EQ, 658 TU, 3/27/12; USAA FAKO: 721 EX, 721 EQ, 576 TU, 3/9/12
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board and Amex Zync or Costco By The End Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
INFINITI2010

If I wasnt trying to get approved for a house I,d be all over it as soon as I pay my balances on my 3 CCs in 2 weeks!! Trust me as soon as I close I,m applying for the Platinum card!
INFINITI10
New Visitor
JaneS123445

jimbo831 wrote:

Let us know what happens when you app.  And from my limited reading here, you should have no problem getting an approval with that credit profile.  If I were you I would've already applied, but then again, I'm super impatient and maybe not the model to follow.

Thanks for everybody's input, as always. I will report to you guys as soon as I apply. I'm getting impatient about waiting it out or not lol. I know that if I do, I'll most likely get approved hands down. I'm just leery of doing it right now and getting denied because I should've maybe waited until my utilization was lower or non-existent. How long do you have to wait if you get denied to re-apply?

New Visitor
JaneS123445

INFINITI2010 wrote:
If I wasnt trying to get approved for a house I,d be all over it as soon as I pay my balances on my 3 CCs in 2 weeks!! Trust me as soon as I close I,m applying for the Platinum card!

Good luck with that. I hope you get approved!

Senior Contributor
Open123

JaneS123445 wrote:

jimbo831 wrote:

Thanks for everybody's input, as always. I will report to you guys as soon as I apply. I'm getting impatient about waiting it out or not lol. I know that if I do, I'll most likely get approved hands down. I'm just leery of doing it right now and getting denied because I should've maybe waited until my utilization was lower or non-existent. How long do you have to wait if you get denied to re-apply?

30 days, if you get declined.  It's been my experience that AmEx doesn't mind frequent apps, so long as it's with them.

Established Contributor
jimbo831

JaneS123445 wrote:

jimbo831 wrote:

With Amex, I'm pretty sure the waiting period is 30 days.  Good luck!

Gardening with: PSECU Combo $1k, Chase Freedom $3.5k, Discover It $1.7k, Amex Costco True Earnings $2k, Capital One Platinum $500, Best Buy Store Card $2.7k

Starting Score: FICO: 587 EX, 594 EQ, 632 TU, 2/15/12; USAA FAKO: 525 EX, 541 EQ, 525 TU, 2/15/12
Current Score: FICO: 678 EX, 629 EQ, 658 TU, 3/27/12; USAA FAKO: 721 EX, 721 EQ, 576 TU, 3/9/12
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board and Amex Zync or Costco By The End Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Revelate

[ Edited ]

Open123 wrote:

With me and everyone I know here they've ONLY ever pulled Ex.  

There's been a few posts here in the last three months (I know, I know, but I check pretty much every Amex approval thread... stupid compulsion) where EX + either EQ or TU were pulled.

I certain they only do this on borderline cases, as it costs additional money to do it.  Probably only for people who don't have an extended period of time living at their current address too: in my case I've lived in Cali for the past 7 years, it's a foregone conclusion EX will be pulled and probably none other; however, if I'd applied after living in either the East or Midwest, it wouldn't have surprised me at all to get an additional pull from a different bureau.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 672, Wally TU 686, EX 702 (04/14)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982

jimbo831 wrote:

JaneS123445 wrote:

jimbo831 wrote:

With Amex, I'm pretty sure the waiting period is 30 days.  Good luck!

It's 30 days. JaneS you should be good on the approval go for it!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+