cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds for BBR (Better Balance Rewards)?[updated]

tag
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: Odds for BBR (Better Balance Rewards)?

@rcraysun wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I don't think you will have any issues getting it at all.

sure Fidelity Amex wouldn't be better though?

2% cash back is really appealing, but I have two revolving 5% categories from discover and freedome. I will also receive my BCE in one week, which will leave a relative small spending for the Fidelity Amex, which is definitely smaller than $1000/month. (bear with me my "little spending" since I am still a student, lol). Instead, I am thinking that $25-30 per month from BBR is just like free money.

Remember, the BBR rewards are per quarter, not per month.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 11 of 23
rcraysun

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

I just got this card last week, although I did have to recon. Scores were similar, but I have a thicker file. Originally got an automatic denial because of the usual suspects as too many inquiries in the last year, etc. Called the back door number and the analyst had no idea why I was instantly denied and approved me. My guess is you will be able to get the card.

My use for the card was to park my natural gas bill there every month and get $120 cash back a year for paying in full which outweighs any rewards I can earn anywhere else on a $50 a month bill.

Exactly. I plan on getting this card for my $46 DSL bill. I'm not creating another BOA account just for the extra $20, so for me its $100 a year for $552 yearly spend, which is 18.1% cash back Smiley Wink

For your example, it would be 20% cash back.

That is a really amazing percentage.

Message 12 of 23
rcraysun

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
BofA pulled Experian for the initial denial for me, then recon pulled TU for approval.

Is 4 inquiries (2 before Sept 2013 from ATT) considered a lot?

Message 13 of 23
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

@rcraysun wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

I just got this card last week, although I did have to recon. Scores were similar, but I have a thicker file. Originally got an automatic denial because of the usual suspects as too many inquiries in the last year, etc. Called the back door number and the analyst had no idea why I was instantly denied and approved me. My guess is you will be able to get the card.

My use for the card was to park my natural gas bill there every month and get $120 cash back a year for paying in full which outweighs any rewards I can earn anywhere else on a $50 a month bill.

Congrats to your new card. That's what I am thinking. BTW, do you know whether this $30 is taxable?

You know, I am not sure. It isn't a true cash back reward so I don't know.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 14 of 23
rcraysun

@Peteyglad wrote:

@rcraysun wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

2% cash back is really appealing, but I have two revolving 5% categories from discover and freedome. I will also receive my BCE in one week, which will leave a relative small spending for the Fidelity Amex, which is definitely smaller than $1000/month. (bear with me my "little spending" since I am still a student, lol). Instead, I am thinking that $25-30 per month from BBR is just like free money.

Remember, the BBR rewards are per quarter, not per month.

Oh, right!! My poor math, lol. Thanks for pointing out.

Message 15 of 23
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@rcraysun wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

That's the appeal of the BBR over the Fidelity Card for me. It's per quarter, but  you get the cash no matter what you spend. Ideal card for a person with only a small amount of charges per month.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 16 of 23
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@rcraysun wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

Congrats to your new card. That's what I am thinking. BTW, do you know whether this $30 is taxable?

I didn't receive a tax form from BOA for it.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 17 of 23
rcraysun

@emptypockets wrote:

@rcraysun wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

That's the appeal of the BBR over the Fidelity Card for me. It's per quarter, but  you get the cash no matter what you spend. Ideal card for a person with only a small amount of charges per month.

That's exactly what I am thinking.

Message 18 of 23
rcraysun

@emptypockets wrote:

@rcraysun wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

I didn't receive a tax for from BOA for it.

Good to hear that.

Message 19 of 23
RockySC
Established Member

Shouldn't pretty much everyone that can get approved get this card? Apply, get approved, and put one single recurring bill on it and set it up to be paid off automaticly and just forget it about it and watch the rewards roll in. Use it for just one thing and it becomes a 25% cash back or more card. You certainly can't beat it. I just got the card for my wife and we put our $40 Charter bill on it. I'm going to get one in my name and put something else on that one as well.

Now if you get it and use it as your main card it isn't as hot as other cards. But, I dont' see why everyone wouldn't sign up and just stick one small bill on it. It's a total no-brainer to me.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.