Valued Member
liandur

Re: Odds for a Discover CLI

I have had my Discover for a year this week. Started out with $1700 limit. There have been no auto cli's. When I originally app'd with them I had a FICO score somewhere around 680 an AAOA of 1 yr and about 25% utilization with $24000 yearly income. My EQ FICO is now 718, TU 756, about 5-6 inquiries, 3 new accounts ( a 2nd US Bank, Chase Slate, and Citi Simplicity) less than 5% utilization. Today I got brave--called and requested cli by phone through automated system. It had me verify address, my rent, and income (now $26,400). They mentioned nothing about a hard pull on the automated system and when I used their credit tracker and updated my reports as of now I see no hard pull. They increased my limit to----YAY----$5700!!! (no--it did not prompt me to request an amount) Okay--how I used my card--first few months 200-300 then PIF (usually after reporting because I hadn't figured that date out) after that I made a few large purchases and have continued small purchases and went up to about 50-max80% utilization with that card....high but never technically maxed out. I would pay 4-5x the minimum payment once or twice per month and then did a PIF on $1100. Have never been late, have no lates or collections on my record---just a thin file. Have been using in moderation for last couple of months and PIF once or twice a month. I also use their cashback for Amazon purchases and sign up for nearly all of the cashback extras.... also wanted to add if ever you are applying for something like a mortgage and have a reason to have your reported utilization lower--GUESS WHAT! You can call Discover CS (a regular CS reps can do this-or will transfer you to one who can) and request a mid cycle credit bureau update anytime!!! Within 24 hours your new balance is reporting to all 3 CB's!!! Amazing CS!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+