cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Of all the contradictory phrases I hear, this one is a head scratcher...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of all the contradictory phrases I hear, this one is a head scratcher...

You have been looking for credit....

So I get a denial and decide to actually speak to someone

" Well, it looks like you have been looking for credit."  As one of the reasons  for denial.

How should l ,or can I reply without busting out laughing.?

P.S.

Ignore the seedling in the corner..Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Of all the contradictory phrases I hear, this one is a head scratcher...

I get what you're saying. I had two hits on my report when I was looking for an auto loan. I was under the impression stuff like that doesn't ding you because you're expected to shop around.

Also, with the 3 score model and different lenders pulling different scores, if you're looking to get a new card and one uses EQ, the other TU, to me it makes little sense to be denied because you tried one or two cards. Having worked at a bank I can also see it from the lenders point of view though. If you've applied for multiple cards it can easily be seen as a red flag.

One thing I don't know is if there's a threshold - Where you get away with applying for a couple of cards before they give you that kind of answer of "I see you're looking for credit..."

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Of all the contradictory phrases I hear, this one is a head scratcher...

@Anonymous wrote:

I get what you're saying. I had two hits on my report when I was looking for an auto loan. I was under the impression stuff like that doesn't ding you because you're expected to shop around.

Also, with the 3 score model and different lenders pulling different scores, if you're looking to get a new card and one uses EQ, the other TU, to me it makes little sense to be denied because you tried one or two cards. Having worked at a bank I can also see it from the lenders point of view though. If you've applied for multiple cards it can easily be seen as a red flag.

One thing I don't know is if there's a threshold - Where you get away with applying for a couple of cards before they give you that kind of answer of "I see you're looking for credit..."

It just seems to me...you are qualified or not

T_T with his 850 fico won't get that line...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.