cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Of interest to Chevron/Texaco card owners...

tag
primechicken
Contributor

Of interest to Chevron/Texaco card owners...

Hello all,

I received a little flier in the mail from Chevron/Texaco a month or so ago about some fuel rewards for using their card in April and May. For April they were offering 5 cents toward fuel credits per gallon. You will have to do your own calculations to find out what kind of rewards percentage that would give you depending on where you live and how much gas costs there. Here in the Phoenix area it barely comes out to a little more than 1%. Pretty negligible since I already have a BofA card that gives me 3% and the BCE which does 2%.

But the same flier also says that in the month of May they will pay 10 cents a gallon which is much more competitive for those of us who don't have a PenFed or Fort Knox card. For me, it will approach 3%. Even though my BofA card will still pay slightly better, it might be a good excuse to put some use on a card that is otherwise sockdrawered. For many on the forum, I thought it might be useful to know and to prepare for, as May is coming up in a couple weeks.

Here are some stipulations to keep in mind:

You have to make at least five fuel purchases in the span of the month each of which must be a minimum of eight gallons per purchase. Far as I can tell, that's it. I called and talked to someone from their credit dept today to verify this, and they said indeed it's that simple. The rewards will appear on your following statement as long as the requirements are met. It seems, however, that these rewards can be redeemed only as statement credits, so keep that in mind.

Here's some fine print from the flier:

"If the value of a fuel purchase is less than the value of the fuel credits being redeemed, then any remaining fuel credit balance will be carried over to the next monthly billing statement in which a fuel purchase is made. Fuel credits expire six months from the date accrued if no further fuel purchases are made. A maximum of $300 in fuel credits may be earned in any calendar year and a maximum of $300 in fuel credits may be redeemed in any calendar year. Fuel credits will be forfeited if the card account is closed, whether by you or GE Capital Retail Bank."

FYI.

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Of interest to Chevron/Texaco card owners...

Interesting but for me it's still not enough to get it out of my sd. 😒

Thanks for the info!
Message 2 of 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

My parents have this card and honestly the rewards are not that great at all, its just used to fuel our tank FULL and not worry about paying it back until next month(if that makes sense) You could also use it when traveling and use your own money for other fun stuff.and leave the gas spending to the chevron cc.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 5
primechicken
Contributor

What rewards? Other than this special limited time offer, I don't see that they have any. Aside from this offer, It's a useless card for me except for helping my overall utilization since I never use it. But I will in May.
I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 4 of 5
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Here in Texas, Chevron stations aren't that plentiful (I'm in Dallas) & the gas is "noticably" higher compared to other stations. I have the gas card, but it's BARELY used...only to keep for the age of the account.

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.