Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers targeted at rebuilding credit?

tag
flawesome
Contributor

Offers targeted at rebuilding credit?

According to my discover card statement my TU score is 711. That doesn't seems so bad, but all of a sudden instead of my mailbox being filled with offers for prime cards, it's filled with cards and loans targeted at "those who have had credit problems" and need to rebuild. I wouldn't say I have had any really :/

Do they send these things based on score do you think? Or based on how far your score recently dropped? Anyone else get these after app sprees?

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Offers targeted at rebuilding credit?

its more complex than just score,  companies buying your name can request what ever they like as a filter, give me a list of people who have an AAoA of less than 1 year, or people that applied for a credit card within the last year, people with more than 1 30 day late that happened in the last 3 years. or just about anything they like, it may come at an increased cost, but the more focused the list, the more likely they will get a good return on their investment. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Offers targeted at rebuilding credit?

It's targeted at anyone that fits the criteria on their credit reports to have a good chance of approval. Then the credit reporting agencies sell them to the credit card companies in my opinion. It really doesn't matter if your over qualified it's about the bottom line.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.