cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers to add AU to credit cards for money?

tag
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Re: Offers to add AU to credit cards for money?

That's 3k per year!

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 11 of 17
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I know. I know. Its just so pretty though! lol

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 12 of 17
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

I liken that to people who have to drive a big 4x4 truck that neither goes off-roading nor hauls cargo.Smiley Very Happy

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 13 of 17
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I see those types of trucks all the time as I live in So Cal.

Land of the lifted and totally non-functional trucks. Its even funnier when you see a tiny girl driving this huge 12" lifted truck on 38" swampers in the middle of the city.

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ngerasimatos wrote:

@jforsyth wrote:

There's a guy on another board that has added other frequent posters to his 20+ year old Amex...

Seems crazy to me. I would never add someone I didn't know personally.

I dont see how it could hurt. I mean, if you add someone, but retain the cards in your possession. Then what harm could happen? Right?

Morals and ethics aside, I think you are right in that no harm can come to you.  I have my wife as an AU on one of my accounts and the bank pretty much tells her to go pound salt if she ever calls and asks a question about her card.  On the other hand, I would think that the individual you "rent" your card to could somehow get the card number off his credit reports and I wonder if they could then use that to make charges on the account.

The other thing that seems strange is how your credit card company couldn't possibly wonder why you have dozens of people added as AUs on your account yet never use their credit cards.  I mean, it costs your bank probably $10 to set up and mail out a new card for each of the dozens of AUs on your account yet they never generate revenue for the bank by using their cards.  I woud think your bank would get pissed at you and try to find an unpleasant way of letting you know they are pissed.

Message 15 of 17
marty56
Super Contributor

@tray wrote:

I also recieved a private message right on this forum about this a while back and I just deleted it, whoever sent it I thought had alot of nerve.

Dang, no one wanted to be an AU on my BofA account.  It's 14 years old and is well l seasoned with late 5 year old late payments.

If they are willing to pay 300 a month for the TL, imagine what they are charging the poor sap, I mean customer.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 16 of 17
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The other thing that seems strange is how your credit card company couldn't possibly wonder why you have dozens of people added as AUs on your account yet never use their credit cards.  I mean, it costs your bank probably $10 to set up and mail out a new card for each of the dozens of AUs on your account yet they never generate revenue for the bank by using their cards.  I woud think your bank would get pissed at you and try to find an unpleasant way of letting you know they are pissed.

It would  funny for somone to be a victim of AA for having too manu AU's on their card.  Way too funny.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.