Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Offers

That feeling when you have good cards/accounts but keep getting low ball offers like first premier, will these kind of offers ever change for me. I'm gardening now either way but one day I'd like to see some good offers.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Offers

You should one day but who knows some people never get offers and they have excellent credit. Just know to have the shredder ready and availableSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That feeling when you have good cards/accounts but keep getting low ball offers like first premier, will these kind of offers ever change for me. I'm gardening now either way but one day I'd like to see some good offers.

Your offers will get much better with these companies. First Premier may offer you an attractive $1000 starting line, instead of a $300 starting line. But they will most likely still offer you the all inclusive attractive 36% interest rate!

Credit One may even offer you a delightful credit line up to $1500. And give you a whopping 1% cash back! With a great Annual fee and we can't forget about the interest accuring as soon as your purchase posts!!

Message 3 of 13
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I had a nice portfolio of cards with major issuers before I started getting some of these offers.  They have eventually stopped over time, but yeah got them for  a while after my score was higher than it needed to be to qualify for good companies.  

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too...I have a Discover It card but I'm still getting offers from what can, at best, be termed "rebuilder" companies. (To be candid, from what I hear, Merrick isn't that bad, but Credit One and First Premier...eh.)

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

can't wait till Monday, i'm going to borrow from my 401k and pay down maybe off all of my debt and see if I gain at least 20 points lol

Message 6 of 13
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I have a good number of the majors. Chase, AMEX, Discover, and even have a metal card. I still only get invites from Credit One and First premier. I think its your inquiries. that is all I have on mine that are really high and if I get denied, it is for that reason. I think they see that and rule you out for offers. Its that or debt to income but I didn't get offers even when I was at 3% UTIL. 

Don't get discouraged. I am proof that not everyone gets those but that doesn't mean denial. I have A LOT of cards. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know somebody getting Credit One mailers with 800+ FICO scores... I suppose there are people who have good scores by luck and don't research the lender.

Message 8 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Don't take it personally.  I get subprime offers all the time.  We're just somehow on their marketing lists.  I don't really think there's a live person thinking, "Hmm, you know K-in-Boston is paying $550 a year in annual fees on that Platinum card from American Express.  I bet he'd like to replace it with our card since it only has a $99 annual and $8 monthly fee.  And with this offer, he'd have four hundred and ONE thousand dollars in revolving credit lines."

Message 9 of 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Don't take it personally.  I get subprime offers all the time.  We're just somehow on their marketing lists.  I don't really think there's a live person thinking, "Hmm, you know K-in-Boston is paying $550 a year in annual fees on that Platinum card from American Express.  I bet he'd like to replace it with our card since it only has a $99 annual and $8 monthly fee.  And with this offer, he'd have four hundred and ONE thousand dollars in revolving credit lines."

No, there probably isnt a live person doing that. 

BUT, there IS a live PROGRAMMER that writes the code for the computer to do that Smiley Happy

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.